Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: no. plates worth ????

1. Cool no. plates worth ????

hi i have a5 nsx on my 91 x or with a bit of jigery pockery
    A S NSX (AYRTON SENNA NSX )
    ayrton . the king is dead , long live the king.

Nice plate and as you suggest, could be set to have link to the great man himself.

My NSX has worn S2 NSX since first registration. This also links back to Senna via the Senninha character.

What is a plate worth? Only as much as someone is willing to pay, like most things. NSX plates have a limited market so if it was on the car when you bought it, then like me you've been fortunate

Hope to see A5 out and about this year ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think if you incidentally end up with a private plate then fair enough. Actively buying one seems like a worthless waste of life. It's bad enough that we have to screw the stupid things to our cars without trying to tentatively spell obscure words or cover up the age of the car. There's got to be more to life surely?
    This is just my opinion however. Nothing personal to anyone on this site, met or otherwise. The plate in question might well sell to some status driven moron for good money.

Cheers,

James.

Come on James, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!!!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by HONDANSXR View Post
    hi i have a5 nsx on my 91 x or with a bit of jigery pockery
    A S NSX (AYRTON SENNA NSX )
    Surely a car trader would know what it's "worth".....if the car had been sold there would have been no concern?!?!
    Last edited by Hagasan; 01-02-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I think if you incidentally end up with a private plate then fair enough. Actively buying one seems like a worthless waste of life. It's bad enough that we have to screw the stupid things to our cars without trying to tentatively spell obscure words or cover up the age of the car. There's got to be more to life surely?
    This is just my opinion however. Nothing personal to anyone on this site, met or otherwise. The plate in question might well sell to some status driven moron for good money.

Cheers,

James.
    I agree & I've got one!

Maybe some guy with an Audi Coupe might like it...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

7. Default

it was only a discussion point ,no need to jump down anyones throat.
    ayrton . the king is dead , long live the king.

HONDANSXR,

You'll get used to James (Papa), and he's harmless but will often add a twist to any discussion ... we find it easier to humour him

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

No offence meant. I have no idea what your wider opinions are on private plates, so it wasn't aimed at you or anyone else. However, that was my opinion and I try not to skirt around the edges of topics these days.

I'd go further with my negative view of private plates and say that they are one of a million things wrong with the society in which we live. They're just another trivial item we don't need and which only detracts from us.

Why people pay good money for things that ultimately entrap them rather than spending on things that free them is beyond me. I guess it's a learning process. for me they'd go in a big hole in the ground along with twitter, facebook, the six o'clock R4 news, football, celebrity worship and commercial radio. Again, no offence.

Cheers,

James.

10. Default

Private plates are great, 250 for most NSX plates which can knock years off the car's looks add a recognisable mark/badge and remove unsightly number plate space if you get one cut small enough��
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast