Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Agreed value insurance

Widscreen cover is £1k on my CCI policy but I'm sure you can get that increased.

They will also give a further discount if you have been on a driver training program like the Andrew Walsh days (must get one organised finally).

With CCI I also declared all modifications and still returned a very reasonably priced policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Peter,

I would challenge the info provided by Competition as several of us ARE insured with them and get;

- agreed value
    - track days
    - euro cover
    - 5000 miles pa
    - protected bonus
    - windscreen cover (must check value)

I've been with them 5 yrs and had all of this since day 1 ...

regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    I'm going through the same process. I was previously with Tesco, unlimited mileage. I haven't found anywhere cheaper, but they don't do agreed value. Haggerty told me they will not allow more than 3,000 miles a year and I'm doing about 5,000, so that didn't work for me. I tried loads of companies - Competition Car, don't do agreed value; Admiral, car too young, < 20 yrs; Classicline, need a third party professional valuation (does anybody do it?); Heritage, need an approved tracker; Need2Insure, can do it but not at reasonable cost because car is <20 yrs old; etc, etc. Some won't do track days.

The only one which I found which ticked all the boxes for me was Adrian Flux. I've sent them the info they requested to determine the agreed value and I'm waiting for their reply. I told them what agreed value I was looking for, and it's more than what I paid for the car a year ago. A combination of having spent quite a bit on sorting stuff out and preventive maintenance and my view that the market has firmed. I'm waiting to hear. I did tell them that if they would come back with a valuation out of Glass's Guide I might as well insure the car with Tesco and save myself £170 a year. Fingers crossed.

Peter

Peter,

Have you tried A Plan or B-Wise both offered me an agreed value. You mentioned Admiral would not insure your car. We have a multi-car policy with 3 cars on it. When I wanted to add the NSX there was no problem. These insurance companies make no sense to me. Adrian Flux informed me the car was not old enough to be classed as a classic.

Kingsley

I have just received a renewal quote from Chris at CCI - £312 for the year, agreed value at £39,999.

Most impressed with both the quote and the efficiency of service.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

4. 18-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Reason
    found answer to question I posted

Hi Whyone,

Great quote ....thanks for sharing that info will certainly give them a call next year....lot cheaper than mine.

Kingsley

6. Default

Hi All

Interesting thread, my car is due for renewal in August, I have yet to get it valued. I like the idea for the members to create a panel for giving a valuation. Where would my car sit amongst you guys?

Kind Regards
    Kirit

I need to renew my agreed value with ClassicLine, but having had it professionally done once (by Kaz), they've agreed on this occasion to take a self-submitted form with pics and my estimate of the value change.

Kirit - you've an early 3.2 with a 'public' history...on current form, in good condition, it's got to be worth somewhere in the £30k mark, if you ask me. Definitely late £20s, possibly more if someone values the history of the car...but I'm still quite new to NSX ownership (2.5yrs).
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Hello Whyone,
    I have also asked and got a reply from Chris at CCI.

He is asking me to send proof of my membership of this forum. Apart from printing a page showing my name. Is there a good way to 'prove' this ?

Regards

Hi,

I haven't been asked to do this (yet), but my renewal isn't up fro a couple of weeks - have you actually accepted a proposal?

I am not entirely sure how you would demonstrate your membership given many people, myself included, have forum names which bare no relation to our real names?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

10. Default

I think I just e-mailed a screen grab of the "about me" page or printed it. Either way it wasn't a problem.

As the quote is less than half of my current cost, I will be moving ahead (£800+ down to £350). The excess is slighly more (£100) but I'm ok with that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast