Thread: new nsx/old nsx- parts prices and early gearbox problems!!

Question new nsx/old nsx- parts prices and early gearbox problems!!

I have been having serious thoughts about what long time member AR said the other day about the new nsx(i.e. possibly wait for the new nsx model instead of the exixting one).I've been reading the forum threads here and OMG what the hell has happened to the prices on parts!! The last time I had a clutch fitted with all bearings etc the parts were around £700....it looks like they are a lot more expensive.Also I am worried about this possible damage to the gearbox that can happen on the early NSX's.How can you prempt this and how can you tell which cars are affected.Would love to hear your thoughts
    I Have been the proud owner of 3 Honda NSXs and love these cars, I also own a couple of old Porsches etc and love any classic car in mint condition.

Search for 'snap ring' and there will be threads on the transmission numbers that potentially can be affected.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Many thanks ss
    I Have been the proud owner of 3 Honda NSXs and love these cars, I also own a couple of old Porsches etc and love any classic car in mint condition.

as above, search 'snap ring' here and on NSXPrime in america. the affected transmission serial number ranges are well documented
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

when it comes to clutches etc there are alternative aftermarket ones which can/could represent better value
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda