Thread: Introduction and a question

1. Default Introduction and a question

Hi, a quick intro...

I look in occasionally, but as I live in Dubai can't see myself making any meets! I've got a '91, BB, auto, over there, 33k, stock except for later alloys.

I'm also back in the UK for at least a weekend a month (in Bucks) and occasionally more, which brings to me my question.

I'm looking for some O2 sensors, front and back and am here until Weds morning, anyone know where I can get some delivered or collected quickly? I've been give some silly prices from the US!

Cheers

Matt

2. Default

You could try your local honda dealer, when mine went, they managed to get a replacement in 2 days.

Failing that Lings Honda may be able to help: http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/

But i have no idea about their delivery time frame.

Cheers

James

Blog Entries

Hi, Matt.

If you are based in Dubai and unless there is a certain regulation that prevents you from importing the O2 sensor, I would get the sensor from US and have it delivered to your address in Dubai.

I normally get the O2 sensor from US using this company;

http://sparkplugs.com/

I bought many sensors from them and never had any issues.

Also, if it is in stock, the delivery time is very fast and normally it takes more time for UK Customs to clear the package than the actual time being spent for the delivery from US.

You need to be very careful with the spec of your NSX when buying any parts around the exhaust/header area from US.

The introduction of full OBD-2 and CAT design/length in US are different from other countries so you can’t simply use the so called ‘Year model’ to select the correct O2 sensor for your NSX when ordering it from US.

Having said this, if you are 100% sure that your NSX is 91 AT/MT model, then it’s fairly simple and being as pre OBD-2 model, you can easily order the correct one.

I’m using the same sensor on my NSX and it's the same one for your NSX.

You can use the same sensor for the Front and Rear bank as long as the cable length is long enough for your application.

You only have two O2 sensors on your NSX.

You need 2 x NGK/NTK #24172

They are about US$50 each and from time to time, they tweet their promotion code but I think it is only for the delivery within US.

Presuming that the import duty/tax are not that high (or is it free??) in Dubai, it would be much cheaper than Honda UK price.

Kaz

4. Default

Hi

Thanks for the info guys. The spec and referral etc certainly helps.

I shouldn't have any problems bringing it from the states, dhl do a 'bouncing' service that give you a US mailing address which helps.

My local guy doing other work on the car emailed me today suggesting the equivalent of $390 for the rear and $340 for the front... I think I may be getting a new local guy!

Thanks again.

Matt

I used Matt at VTEC Direct - almost as cheap as a US supplier (once you've factored postage and customs) but UK based and reliable. If he's got them in stock then shouldn't be a problem...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by dentonmatt View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the info guys. The spec and referral etc certainly helps.

I shouldn't have any problems bringing it from the states, dhl do a 'bouncing' service that give you a US mailing address which helps.

My local guy doing other work on the car emailed me today suggesting the equivalent of $390 for the rear and $340 for the front... I think I may be getting a new local guy!

Thanks again.

Matt
    This must be like a Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/Bently etc tax.....Just because your in Dubai you're assumed to be a rich oil baron and thus loaded and it doesn't matter the cost no matter how ridiculous?!?!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    This must be like a Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/Bently etc tax.....Just because your in Dubai you're assumed to be a rich oil baron and thus loaded and it doesn't matter the cost no matter how ridiculous?!?!
    It certainly feels like it!

And kind of annoying that somewhere recommended would lazily quote such a ridiculous price, when simple questions like mine on a resourceful site like this can throw up such better prices and referrals.