Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner

Default New Owner

Just thought I would let members know that my Wanted ad of a few weeks ago has borne fruit and on Wednesday I picked up a 2000 Red 3.2manual car from Steve (Ollie on here). Its 132 month service was due and I thought it would be nice to collect the final stamp in the book so I ran it over to Northway Honda who are more or less my nearest. Gratifyingly the checks came up Green OK in all areas and while it was on the ramp I had a good look underneath which all seemed very clean. So many thanks to Steve for letting me have what I think is a very nice car.

First few miles in a new car are always noteworthy and in this case for all the right reasons. Impressions are of a beautifully balanced package where all thecomponents work harmoniously together. The ride is wonderfully supple and the power delivery nicely progressive.

And as luck would have it I have a trip to Yorkshire next week end so that will present a good opportunity for a decent run.

There is one small query to do with the immobiliser. Northway thought there should be a red immobiliser fob to go with the red key. I have the latter but not the former. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Lowndes; 03-09-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo

Hi and welcome.

The car IS an amazing blend of limousine smoothness & edgy character and it sounds like you have found one of the good ones. Enjoy.

There IS a red immobiliser key, but it does more harm than good IMO. If you use it you can 'clear' the rollng codes and have to re-program it.

You can clone new immobiliser transducers from your existing key, should you need a spare set. Which is what I did with the 'Lude, since the red key has gone.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

best wishes with new purchase, get out there and enjoy it!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Congratulations! Please post some pics in due course.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (11).jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	10310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (13) ex reg.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	10309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (3) ex reg.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	10311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (7).jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	10308

Getting there slowly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (5) ex reg.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	10307  
    Last edited by Lowndes; 05-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.

it did work but u spoiled the photo with the porker in it!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I don't understand this at all as all I can see is the http code

Help needed please!

the image tags are not working but if you remove these and left with http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/nwltd/NZXandGT3Sept20113exreg-1.jpg

this will allow people to see your pic!

you best bet if you want to use pics is use the advanced editor and attach pics, they will come up as thumbnails on your post and people will click on them and get a bigger image as required

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndes View Post
    I don't understand this at all as all I can see is the http code

Help needed please!

Thumbs up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZX and GT3 Sept 2011 (6).jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	10312

I was a bit concerned that the absence of any words saying VTEC or NSX on the engine might mean it was a transplant from a Civic. Fortunately after some searching I found the very hard to read engine no. which I am pleased to say coincided with the V5 details. I also did the VIN cross check on the 9th symbol and that also gave the right result!

Thanks for your help with this. The process is a bit different to the other places I post such as PH and PCGB, albeit I am a pretty infrequent poster there also and hardly expert on any forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    the image tags are not working but if you remove these and left with http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/nwltd/NZXandGT3Sept20113exreg-1.jpg

this will allow people to see your pic!

you best bet if you want to use pics is use the advanced editor and attach pics, they will come up as thumbnails on your post and people will click on them and get a bigger image as required

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast