Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nationofzeros NSX-R - PISTON HEADS FEATURE

Lightbulb nationofzeros NSX-R - PISTON HEADS FEATURE

Just seen this on the front page of PH and already the comments have started, along with some really stupid ones.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=23842
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

just spotted it, and added a post

pointless trying to educate the masses ... they will NEVER get it/understand this car

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Just seen this on the front page of PH and already the comments have started, along with some really stupid ones.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=23842
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I've had about 4 emails from people regarding this - amazing the number of people hit that PH page!

And don't be getting upset about negative comments from the hoi polloi - that for me is almost the greater part of the NSX's charm :yes:

Great contribution to the thread, nobby

Lots of comments on the asking price from 'armchair buyers' who are not in the market and/or don't have the money - completely pointless imo

Also agree Justin's point about the 'esoteric appeal' - if loads of people don't get them, and most would rather have something obvious, then that makes them more attractive to me too
    Purple '95 manual targa

Just noticed we have a new record number of users online at once. 343, from a few days ago. Probably due to the mentions in this PH article.

The comments are a nice cross section of what you expect. Its a Honda blah blah blah.

Having seen this car and met the owner its a great piece of kit and its uniqueness make it worth every penny to the right buyer and at the end of the day you only need one of those so I am sure it won't be around long.

Good luck with the sale. I certainly haven't regretted shifting mine.

John
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I've had about 4 emails from people regarding this - amazing the number of people hit that PH page!

And don't be getting upset about negative comments from the hoi polloi - that for me is almost the greater part of the NSX's charm :yes:
    They fall into two camps; those who sort of get it, but don't really like it personally (sort of the converse of me & 911s) and the complete trolls who are just desperately looking for attention.

But it's the light the blue touch paper & retire to a safe distance thing - can get amusing at times!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Well done friends for your comments and support - the threads on PH certainly show that 'all human life is out there'. But no buyers (yet!)

Thanks

Chris

Well what can you expect is a bloody 17 years old Honda and most people are stupid.

Not taking anything away from L5NSX is just that most people don't get it, same way they did not get the NA2 NSX-R.

It seems that every MF Honda fan loves the NSX-R, they go through some sort of evolution of Civic, Integra, S2K then NSX and then they start getting all excited about the NSX-R.

Yet when one is up for sale few put their money where their mouth is!

The fact is that Honda as of today SUCK Megamanhood and thus the Hondaphiles must get HOT about something.

There is no new NSX in the Horizon.

Yet the rest of the people ( who never driven and NSX-R ) look at the stats and think that NSX-R Groupies are dumb.

The NSX or NSX-R are not about speed alone! Is a whole package!!! Stop trying to convert people in NSX admiration.

I don't know but my Brabused GL420 is a lot easier to drive fast than any of my NSX and better miles per galon.

If I want another car is just because of that, a want, not a need.

That is all I can say.

Matter of fact I just about had enough of the NSX

Three cars over 7 years!

NSX owners as a whole ( bar a few, and you know who you are )

It seems that the NSX attacks a certain type of owner that another NSX owner from the South West has described very well!

The current NSX discussions and all the nonsense ( read BS ) that surrounds it.

Just read the general discussion posts
    Last edited by AR; 01-07-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Clarifying.

Search for a facelift not going too well then AR ?
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast