Thread: The interior trim overhaul/update continues….

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The interior trim overhaul/update continues….

The 19 year old seats in my car were looking a little tired, so I took the plunge and ordered a set of leatherseats.com replacement leather seat (obvious really) covers. After reading the feedback on Prime, getting basic custom trimmer quotes and seeing the ridiculous Honda prices it was a no-brainer really! So an order was placed!

Now to be awkward I wanted something a little different, subtle but different, so a custom colour combination was ordered, in the ecstacy leather range, and the transatlantic wait began, well the dual transatlantic wait began as the leather was sourced in Italy, sent to America to be sewn together, and then shipped back across the Atlantic to me here in England! Pics of the colour combination were sent over before the process began, but was still a worry as to whether the colour reproduction on the screen was correct! Fortunately the colour was spot on so the fitting began!....

I ordered extra leather to do the door insert to match so it was off with the door trims, and replacement began…

the old leather was carefully pulled off, the new leather cut out. The leatherseats.com leather was already marked for each section, with a generous overlap, so no worries about not having enough material

so here’s the before

and after

looks a lot better, and updates the gathered look! Spoils the ‘what colour is it?’ surprise though! The car is charlotte green …..
    Last edited by britlude; 28-04-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....