Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to the best car I have ever owned.

Default Goodbye to the best car I have ever owned.

Well due to an ambitious building project I have parted with my beloved NSX a few months earlier than anticipated.

Just a note to say how much I have enjoyed the car and dealing with papalazarou during the protracted negotiations. As others have mentioned on here James is a man of his word and I can add my voice to those comments.

While I am very sad to see her go (changing the plates on Saturday was hellish as I had hoped to let her go without being in close proximity again) I am pleased she is going to an enthusiast who (normally) looks after his cars well, track days aside. It worked well for me to not have to negotiate with a wannabee or time waster and eased the pain no end.

Over the years my father has had one or two sports cars from Porsche, TVR, Mercedes and the ilk but rates the NSX as the best allrounder. I have to say I agree (not that I got to drive many of them at the time but rode in them a lot).

I would like to say I will definately own another but I think the chances of finding another one as good when the time comes is remote but you never know.

Best wishes James enjoy the car as much as I did,

Cheers

John
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear the sad news of parting with the NSX, hopefully if you do come back to ownership there will be something as good out there.

And congrats to James! Take really take you that long to find another lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

3. Default

Sorry you had to sell, but congrats to James!
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

4. Default

For this of us interested in nsx appreciation are you able to divulge mileage and sale price?

I'm particularly interested as this is about as close to my car as I'm ever likely to see!

Thanks,

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Many thanks John for offering me the car. It was just as described and really made my day. Today I've been hard at work cleaning it. Unfortunately there wasn't a great deal to do!
    Hard to believe this is my my fourth in just over five years. I intend on holding on to this one and keeping away from wet slippery tracks with little or no run off.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Sad to see a member move their car on. All the best in your new venture John.

Well done James for holding out and getting the car you wanted. By the sounds of it you have got a cracker.
    Great to hear you have got sorted with another NSX

Nice to see the forum working for true lovers of the NSX
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Shame you had to sell. This won't be any comfort, but the NSX is the *only* car I've regretted selling, I should have just kept it.

James - try not to prang it eh?

Congratulations on finding another one so effectively, James! Better luck with it.

Sorry that you need to sell it though John. Good luck with the project.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Well done James, you move fast. Being a slower colour it should be easier to keep out of trouble in...

Wow John,this thread was a bit of a supprise.Sorry to hear that you have had to sell the car to get a project underway because i KNOW how good a car it was because i broke my heart when i sold it to you,lol.Good luck with your new venture.
    James,PLEASE try to look after this one,lol.It will be interesting to see how many board members could eventually be past owners of this car.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast