Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention: Harmonic balancer (crank pulley)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Any word on mine!
    I was speaking with Kaz at Silverstone and he said that the pulleys were out of stock even in Japan at the moment...

It took me about 4 months for mine IIRC. I wanted it done with the TB but honda could not get it on time. Incidentaly the master tech told me that he had only seen one go on a car that had been stolen and overrevved.

Eitherway I am glad I got a spare engine!

4 MONTHS!! Hope mine isnt going to be that long. I think Andrews arrived in 3 or 4 weeks? Cant remember now but I'm sure he can let us know.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Prevention is better (and usually cheaper) than the cure.

Mine is on route and will be installed shortly, current one inspected and looks fine but its one less thing to worry about.

I tend to agree with Sudesh and will probably swap with the TB etc.

regards,
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Mine was about 4 weeks lead time from Andy @ vtec direct. I believe myself and Alf Tupper on here received them around the same time.

jeez not good if looking at 4mths now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    4 MONTHS!! Hope mine isnt going to be that long. I think Andrews arrived in 3 or 4 weeks? Cant remember now but I'm sure he can let us know.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

6. Default

ATI now do a pulley for the NSX.

This is a Harmonic pulley like factory but lighter.

Might be worth organising a group buy perhaps?

I would be interested in one.

on inspection of mine; and Sudesh can vouch for this (as he knows better than me), there was no visible signs of wear and tear on the original CP taken off my car. the car has done 49000 miles and the CP was in reasonable nick. no sign of real wear anywhere and was pretty much even all round.

so maybe does not constitute a panic buy, but when you see this post, its hard not to have the thought in your mind.

as Sudesh states I have the guard installed as well, how useful this is if you decide to change CP at each TB service remains to be seen, but its there, and peace of mind for me anyways

hope you all get your replacements in a reasonable time frame. if someones is in really bad condition and they want one that should tide them over, give me a shout happy to pass mine on, all you do is pay for p&p. dont know how feasible this is, but the offer is there

ok

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Mine was about 4 weeks lead time from Andy @ vtec direct. I believe myself and Alf Tupper on here received them around the same time.

jeez not good if looking at 4mths now!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I have a 1995 car with 49k miles. Soon after buying/collecting it, I went for Kaz's Healthcheck which found that the crank pulley was showing signs of splitting (thanks Kaz).

Ordered pulley from vtec direct, very reasonable price compared with HUK, arrived in 3 weeks (thanks Andy).

I had Thames Ditton Honda fit the pulley and carry out a few other jobs besides. They were one of the original NSX dealers and had no objections to fitting customer supplied parts.

All the above contacts were found/recommended on this forum, so many thanks NSXCB!

Just to let you all know, I inspected mine just a month (100-200 miles) before it failed, and it showed no signs of deterioration on the rubber part. Mine split where the rubber attaches to the metal part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    I was speaking with Kaz at Silverstone and he said that the pulleys were out of stock even in Japan at the moment...
    Sounds like the usually British disease of panic buying. I wonder how many people now have one "on the shelf" ready to be installed at the next service?

Sure these things fail and can do significant damage in some cases when they do but its not worth having one on the shelf if you're not going to fit it very soon.

I guess Honda (UK) made a rod for the their own back by not specifying a definite replacement period so, due to even the youngest cars being 5yrs old, we now have a situation where all UK NSX owners potentially want to have their pulleys changed hence no stock.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast