Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX technical questions?

Default NSX technical questions?

Hello everyone

I was wondering if there were some technical gurus who could shine some light on some specifications for the 04 UK spec NSX that I am struggling on at present for the limited edition poster I am creating? Below are some questions that if anyone can assist with answering them, I would be very greatful indeed.

Can anyone confirm which engine code the 04 UK spec car had?
    C32A or C32B

Was the 3.2L engine using a single or dual disk configuration and does anyone know of any info on this on the net?

Did honda test the NSX at Tachigi, Susuka and the nurburgring or was it just one specific location?

What is the diameter of the front and rear anti roll bars on a 04 UK spec nsx?

What are the size of the front and rear shock absorbers and springs compared to the anti roll bar as used on the 04 UK spec nsx?

Are there any UK sites that offer UK specifications on a 04 NSX?

What is the maximum range in mileage you can get out of a full tank on a 04 nsx? roughly???

Does anyone know the weight distribution during braking on the 04 nsx?

What is the kerb weight of a 04 uk spec nsx?

What is the vertical headroom for the driver and passenger from the base of the seat to the roof in inches?

what is the diameter of the uk steering wheel on a 04 spec nsx?

Did the UK 04 car have cruise control as standard or was it a optional extra?

what year was the facelifted model car offered for uk sale? and when were the pop up headlights banned here in the uk?

what is the time in seconds of acceleration speeds from 30-50 mph and 60-80 mph?

Does anyone know the braking distance form 60 or 100 mph to zero?

I would be extremely greatful if anyone can assist me with these last remaining questions as the above will be the last information to insert into the text before it goes off to Honda UK for approval. After that I will upload a thread showing the poster and purchase information

many thanks

tony

Tony is Tochigi not Tachigi the engine is C32B, facelift after 2002.

Cheers,

AR

Blog Entries

Hi, Tony.
    Please refer to the followings. My answer in bold text;

Can anyone confirm which engine code the 04 UK spec car had?
    C32A or C32B
    C32B. C32A is for another model and not for NSX.

Was the 3.2L engine using a single or dual disk configuration and does anyone know of any info on this on the net?
    If you are referring to the clutch, then it's SINGLE disk for UK spec 3.2L. Different story for one of the specific JDM 3.2L model.

Did honda test the NSX at Tachigi, Susuka and the nurburgring or was it just one specific location?
    For original model, the answer is Yes. (typo; Tochigi and Suzuka)
    For later model, not sure about Suzuka but yes for Tochigi and Nurburgring + Hokkaido in Japan. Honda has its new proving ground (testing course) there.

For UK spec,
    Front: coupe=18.3mm, targa=17.3mm
    Rear: coupe & early targa=17.5mm, later targa including 04 targa=19.1mm
    Different story for JDM specific models.

What are the size of the front and rear shock absorbers and springs compared to the anti roll bar as used on the 04 UK spec nsx?
    Not sure about the actual question itself but if you are talking about the shock and springs, the combination is different between coupe and targa. Completely different story for some of JDM specific model.

Are there any UK sites that offer UK specifications on a 04 NSX?
    Don't know.

What is the maximum range in mileage you can get out of a full tank on a 04 nsx? roughly???
    More than 400miles.

Does anyone know the weight distribution during braking on the 04 nsx?
    Depends on the condition.
    Later model has larger brake disk size as well as the Larger Rear Calliper piston. Addition to these, for the Front calliper, the diameter of smaller piston was reduced on the later model to shift the brake balance rearward. Therefore, not possible to provide you with actual figure on brake weight distribution. Almost impossible without specifying other conditions.

Depends on the model (coupe, targa, AT, MT). Don't have the data for 04 UK model. May be you can check the UK brochure?

What is the vertical headroom for the driver and passenger from the base of the seat to the roof in inches?
    Depends on the measurement spec defined by each country/area?
    Or, any international spec?

what is the diameter of the uk steering wheel on a 04 spec nsx?
    All of UK models were equipped with SRS but can't confirm the actual diameter.

Did the UK 04 car have cruise control as standard or was it a optional extra?
    For UK, it's standard.

what year was the facelifted model car offered for uk sale? and when were the pop up headlights banned here in the uk?
    The word 'Year' and 'Year model' needs some consideration as it is different depending on the country/area spec.
    For example, facelifeted model was available from DEC/2001 in Japan but treated as 2002 model. From Parts list, facelifted NSX in UK is treated as 2002 model onwards.
    Don't know about the pop up regulation in UK. May be on UK Gov website??

what is the time in seconds of acceleration speeds from 30-50 mph and 60-80 mph?
    Don't know the actual data as gear ratio is different between the country/area spec and it also depends on the conditions.

Does anyone know the braking distance form 60 or 100 mph to zero?
    Again, depends on all sorts of conditions.

Regards,
    Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 06-10-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: rear anti roll bar spec for Targa later model

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    Hi, Tony.

For UK spec,
    Front: coupe=18.3mm, targa=17.3mm
    Rear: 17.5mm
    I thought the rear was 19.1mm?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

"beefed up the rear anti-roll bar (from 17.5mm to 19.1), "

[/B] What is the maximum range in mileage you can get out of a full tank on a 04 nsx? roughly???
    More than 400miles.
    Provided you're prepared to dice with the gauge and fuel light. Does it still comes on well under 300miles?

/B] what is the diameter of the uk steering wheel on a 04 spec nsx?
    [B]All of UK models were equipped with SRS but can't confirm the actual diameter.
    I believe all NSX airbag wheels are 367mm.

Cheers

Mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I thought the rear was 19.1mm?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

"beefed up the rear anti-roll bar (from 17.5mm to 19.1), "
    Hi, NoelWatson.
    Not sure about Acura but all of the coupe model for UK market is 17.5mm for the rear anti roll bar.

However, your post reminded me one thing and I editted my original post.
    For UK market, the coupe and early Targa are equipped with 17.5mm one whereas the later Targa including 04 Targa is equipped with 19.1mm one.

I remember having trouble ordering the rubber bush for 19.1mm one through HUK the other day as they don't list it on their system even they sell the 19.1mm antiroll bar....
    At the end, I had to ask extra days to the owner and ordered it through Japan.

Kaz

Hi, NoelWatson.
    Not sure about Acura but all of the coupe model for UK market is 17.5mm for the rear anti roll bar.

However, your post reminded me one thing and I editted my original post.
    For UK market, the coupe and early Targa are equipped with 17.5mm one whereas the later Targa including 04 Targa is equipped with 19.1mm one.

I remember having trouble ordering the rubber bush for 19.1mm one through HUK the other day as they don't list it on their system even they sell the 19.1mm antiroll bar....
    At the end, I had to ask extra days to the owner and ordered it through Japan.

Kaz

That's strange because Chris Harris in Autocar mentions a bigger rear anti roll bar when testing the facelift Coupe in 2002 along with stiffer front springs.
    Maybe Honda got their press release confused.

8. Default

Depends on the model (coupe, targa, AT, MT). Don't have the data for 04 UK model. May be you can check the UK brochure?
    UK Brochure states 1445kg for Coupe MT 1500kg for the Targa, 1485/1530 for AT versions (don't ask me why it's +30kg for the Targa but 40kg for the coupe)
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Provided you're prepared to dice with the gauge and fuel light. Does it still comes on well under 300miles?

Cheers

Mark
    I got 420 miles in mine (filled it again before the fuel light came on) and it was just under 60 litres to brim it again. That was almost exclusively cruising. Driven as intended then 250 was the norm. On average I used to get about 300 miles.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by autotecart View Post
    ?

930mm (3.0 car tested in Autocar 23.3.94)

Post 2002 cars performance figures aren't easy to come by......

30-50 through the gears is comfortably under 2 seconds.
    60-80 just over 3.

60 to 0 2.8 secs (Autocar 2002 Test).

Stupid question........if talking to Honda why don't you get the data from them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast