Thread: Want to buy an NSX? Start here, please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From NSX 370 - I bought a brand new NSX Auto in 1991 and I have enjoyed every minute of owning it - I also have another car which means that my NSX has been driven about once every two weeks and incredibly has now completed only 16,000 miles. I just love the sound of my NSX when I drive it and it is totally unmarked in the original red paintwork with black top. Pop-ups of course.

My only disappointment is in the partly failed Bose radio which I hope can be replaced with a better quality unit. I am not too bothered about music from a radio, the engine provides the best music.

I will be taking delivery of a new V6 engined Jaguar F-Type S within the next few weeks and I may have a heart-breaking decision to make. I have always kept the NSX on a pedestal - with the F-Type it will be my everyday car.

I can only say that over the many years of owning an Auto NSX I have had absolutely no technical issues. As a retired airline pilot I have a healthy respect for operating mechanical systems well within their limits. I would definitely buy an Auto again.

NSX 370

It is always nice to here from established owners, espcially when you kept such a secret!

I suspect that your NSX is still in original factory specification, therefore with your Bose issue might I suggest you contact Kaz via his blogs here on the forum as he is a) local and b) probably able to refresh the OEM system to restore the audio quality.

As an example: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?744-Audio-Head-Unit-02

Good luck with the new toy and I would love to meet you and the NSX one day ...

regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 370 View Post
    From NSX 370 - I bought a brand new NSX Auto in 1991 and I have enjoyed every minute of owning it - I also have another car which means that my NSX has been driven about once every two weeks and incredibly has now completed only 16,000 miles. I just love the sound of my NSX when I drive it and it is totally unmarked in the original red paintwork with black top. Pop-ups of course.

My only disappointment is in the partly failed Bose radio which I hope can be replaced with a better quality unit. I am not too bothered about music from a radio, the engine provides the best music.

I will be taking delivery of a new V6 engined Jaguar F-Type S within the next few weeks and I may have a heart-breaking decision to make. I have always kept the NSX on a pedestal - with the F-Type it will be my everyday car.

I can only say that over the many years of owning an Auto NSX I have had absolutely no technical issues. As a retired airline pilot I have a healthy respect for operating mechanical systems well within their limits. I would definitely buy an Auto again.

NSX 370
    Last edited by Senninha; 23-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara