Thread: NSX Refresh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good grief! A part that I never even knew existed; you learn something new every day.

I'm used to those nasty, asthmatic clutch delay valves in the M/C.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Good grief! A part that I never even knew existed; you learn something new every day.

I'm used to those nasty, asthmatic clutch delay valves in the M/C.
    Hi Nick,

Yes it's a nice little upgrade but works best with the short NSX-R pedal. I've had this setup installed on my NSX a while now both with standard pedal and NSX-R pedal and obviously works best with the NSX-R pedal [the way Honda intended] as it uses less stroke, so quicker pedal work.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

NEW NSX-R Clutch pedal installed

Can be quite awkward to work in there as one bolt in particular is hard to access, but Ive been down this road before was well prepared, just need to be careful and wear gloves as there are some sharp edges on the clutch housing and need to be careful cautious removing the housing out over the clutch master rubber.

OLD PEDAL

Cover the interior so not as to damage seats, sills, plastics etc

disconnect the plug that goes into the clutch switch, release the clutch fork by removing the split pins or R clip depending on year, remove 3 bolts then carefully remove the complete assembly

Remove the old clutch pedal, one big long bolt and push clutch back to lift out of the spring, you dont need to remove the spring but again just be careful around this area.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

There is a metal bushing inside the pedal, so take that out

OLD AND NEW PADALS

Put the bushing back into the new pedal

Install new pedal

And the pretty much do everything in reverse.

Clutch stroke is then adjusted to NSX-R spec and bleed system.

nice one ... looking forward to trying it out, hopefully not take too long to get to grips with it
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    nice one ... looking forward to trying it out, hopefully not take too long to get to grips with it
    You'll love it, I noticed the difference right away and your pedal feel is nicer, even my brother was looking at your car today and commented on the pedal clutch/pedal feel.