Thread: Airfield activity day today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Airfield activity day today

hi all - I took the NSX to an Airfield Activity day at North Wealth in Essex today; what a great laugh! Throughtout the day there were 4 different activities, from the "High speed bend" (basically, a straight run, lift off power and just steer...), and 3 different cone circuits in varying length and speed.

It's the first time I've switched the TCS off, and the first time I've spun the NSX... albeit in safety and without the risk of hitting anything or anyone.

If anyone else is thinking of exploring their car a bit, I'd recommend these events - http://www.carlimits.com/script/view...rfieldactivity - and at only £47 it's a bargain.

Maybe we could even try to arrange a group day next year if anyone's up for it...

cheers
    Ewan
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

depends where and when but id be up for that
    im sure mr ary would as well lol

thx amo

Hi Ewan,

I did this last Friday with the Lotus-on-track group which are a afiliation of Car-limits.....only £25!!!
    Booked again on the Fri 20th Nov.

I went with the SC MR2 ...may take the NSX this time.

Who was there with you Ewan as my companies were Elises and 1 Fezza 348 challenge and a E46 M3.

For those who don't know where North Weald is...it's just off the M11 after the first junction after coming off the M25.

SS
    Last edited by Silver Surfer; 31-10-2009 at 01:42 AM.
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

hi Kare

The Lotus On Track group seems to organise a bunch of events - the one I did was essentially "open", though most of the places had been booked up through "Hondas On Track". I think it was £47 yesterday because they had an additional location (ie they were running 2 circuits + the high speed bend).

So we had a few S2000s, a selection of Integras, Civics, Accord Type Rs, plus a smattering of other stuff (Driftworks Nissan, Skyline etc), plus one nice old chap in his Ferrari 308 GTB Fiberglass, one of the earliest 308s. He was trying to scrub in a new set of tyre, so every start was a smoker

The morning sessions were a little uneven - we only had one circuit and the high speed bend, and the group was split about 60/40, so there was quite a bit of hanging about waiting to go on to the circuit. Then the 2nd circuit opened up just before lunch, and after lunch the high speed bend was converted into the 3rd circuit. Drivers were then free to move from one circuit to another at will, so it meant if one was getting busy, you'd just move on to a quieter one.

I gave both instructors a drive of the NSX, which they were very pleased with - even the main man, Darren, commented on the weighting of the steering under load, and the other guy Rob said, "I guess this is the last chance I'll ever have to drive an NSX..."

It doesn't look like Car Limits have any more open dates scheduled this year, but I'll keep an eye out and see if there's any interest for next year.

E

[cue comments about how a coupe wouldn't have so much body roll etc etc ]

Yep I was just about to say....................Hmmmm suspension on the front a little soft????

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Maybe we could even try to arrange a group day next year if anyone's up for it...
    Count me in please