Thread: Bl**dy technology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    ..... encourage safe driving on roads operated by the Highways Agency starts this week on the A12 London-bound carriageway, near Kelvedon, Essex.

From weeks three to six the speed and ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) detection units will detect the number plate of a vehicle exceeding the limit and will display the National Speed Limit sign with the message "SLOW DOWN" and the vehicle registration number.

None of the data gathered by the Agency during the on road trial will be used for enforcement purposes.

MY OWN SUGGESTION,
    A great opportunity to check to see if those 'anti-flash' paints and films do actually work.
    On the first point they could actually invest soe of the tax they collect from motorists to resurface one of the UK's worst kept roads. Whilst at it they could install some road side lighting. The majority of accidents on this road (according to some traffic cop mates of mine) is due to a combination of poor road surface and lighting!

I wonder if driving past this system at speed with no plate will cause it to go into melt down

Sounds like a good opportunity to check the accuracy of my speedo officer

High speed mini meet anyone??????

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Just loose the front plates..sorted
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

so what happens when all the cars are speeding?