Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type R / Type S Owners - Help Please!

Default Type R / Type S Owners - Help Please!

I have recently bought a Type R / S engine cover along with the fixing kit, but I am at a loss to work out how one little piece attaches to the car.

The piece in question is the (white) clip which retains the engine cover prop when it is not in use - I would be very grateful if someone would post a photo of this part attached to their car so I can work out what needs doing.

Many thanks in advance!

2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Here's a pic of mine...

The white retaining clip locates into a hole in a little raised mini bracket that is part of a bigger bracket which is bolted to the inner wing.
    The big bracket holds an electrical connector at the bottom.
    The black tie wrap in the pic just holds the black wire behind the bracket in place and is nothing to do with the white engine prop clip.

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1495_2.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	3602  

That is really helpful - thank-you Mark.

I will investigate tomorrow to see if 'standard' cars have the necessary bracket / hole.

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I don't believe that NA1 cars have the same bracket as the connector connects to the Fuel Injectors Regulator.

I made my own but was curious as to were it went.

Cheers for the picture Mark and to Ian for the minerals to ask for it.

Ary

nigel Guest

Default Type-R prop rod

I bought one for my NA-1 over a year ago and no one has been able to show me a pic of the installation, even the lad I bought it from. I'll have to dig it out and give installing it a go. So far this is the best pic i've seen to date. Is there any way you could back the camera out so I could get a wider shot of where it pivots from and where it actually sticks into the cover. My NA-1 cover doesn't have a hole and I need to fabricate one and I don't want to co*k it up.
    Thanks.

Cheers
    nigel

Hmmmmm.......I have been having a play with this, armed with pictures from Paul of the bracket end of the prop, Marks picture of the retaining clip, and my bracket / prop / car.

I can't find a position for the prop bracket which let the prop swing back & be sufficiently close to the silver bracket in Marks picture for the retaining clip to work.

Paul - did you drill a hole in the silver bracket for the retaining clip (there isn't a pre drilled hole in mine, but the bracket is certainly there)?

(Ah, and I haven't drilled any holes yet! )

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Nigel, I've attached a pic of the cover propped up in the open position and also one of the arm clipped in the closed position.

The first one should help you determine where to put the hole in the cover.

The pivot bolts to the edge/lip of the engine bay, the area is recessed. The second pic should help you find the correct location and also the distance from the silver bracket.

The raised "mini bracket", which is part of the silver bracket, that the white retaining clip locates on is actually spot welded to the sliver bracket. I suspect this bracket is another unqiue part for the S/R cars.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1496_2.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	3615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1497_2.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	3616  

Hmm wonder if we can find the part number for the bracket
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Hi Simon, where can I get a copy of the parts database you're referring to and some of you guys have?

Mark

If you bring a laptop running XP or previous windows versions to Japfest I can install a copy and then give you copies of the data discs.

I'll have a look tomorrow (need to fire up old laptop) to see if I can find the part numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Hi Simon, where can I get a copy of the parts database you're referring to and some of you guys have?

Mark
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast