Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Just had 255 40 17 GY F1 GSD3s rear tyres fitted, they stated their guide for that particular tyre & size, recommends 33 PSI, but when I questioned this, they stated this is only advisory!? My previous BS RE010 was 40 PSI, but I know when you go wider, it normally means less PSI is required. Is 33 psi about right guys for those with GY 255s or any other 255 tyre brands? Cheers

The sticker on my driver door states 40PSI for my 255 standard fit tyres (2002 facelift)

How long for new tyres to bed/wear in? Went out for quick spin last weekend, with 33 PSI after tyre fitted weekend before, what big mistake! I did'nt boot it since back felt slightly spongy! Got home, put it up to 40 PSI, then went out last night, it felt firmer, but thought the grip was'nt there when compared to the oems BS RE010 before. Mind you they were probably at the most grippiest when near the TWI. Hopefully the GY Eagle F1s will be brilliant when worn little! Only done 10 miles carefully at 33PSI and 15 miles at 40 PSI.
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 16-02-2008 at 03:12 AM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've put together these links to help in the finding of tyres for the NSX for various years.

2002 - 2005
    Front 215/40ZR17
    Rear 255/40ZR17

The tyres that are listed is not going to be an exhaustive list, and even though some tyres are listed may not be available.

Not sure what the circumference is but just have the rear as stated above!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Had to put the OEM S2000 rears on the NSX today, can't get hold of the RE050BZ's that I used so now on those (RE050MZ).
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    i´ve found yokohamas 022 in this list, but they dont ship to germany. i need 2 fronttyres 215-45-16. can someone help me?

Default Bridgestone Potenzas

I've been using Bridgestone Potenzas for several years. They stick well and seem to last a reasonable time: I've just replaced the two front ones after approx 30k. Been using the same garage for many years - he charged me £200 for the pair including balancing and fitting. Last time I bought a pair of rears (lasting around 18k), they cost £215.

i´ve changed now to 225-40-16 and 245-40-17 on the stock 16-17 inch rims. the only available tyre for the front is dunlop sp9000 (with the speedindex we need in germany: ZR) on the rear i drive on dunlop sport maxx. i never want to have mixed profiles , but after driving in the 9000th, it workes real good. so thats my reference for those rims. i must have gone to the TÜV and let it write down in the papers of the car, but now its all ok.
    presure is 2,0/2,5 bar.

8. Default Tyres

A great help - many thanks Kevin

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd check whether anyone's had any more thoughts on here.

The new car will need new rears pretty-much straight-away (currently RE050's). The fronts are RE040's with a fair amount of tread, so I'm loath to ditch them, which means Bridgestone rears are favourite.

So:-
    - RE050's again?
    - RE050A's? The S2000 crowd seem to prefer these to the RE050, but James (Papalazarou) seemed to have some issues with these on his NSX, albeit perhaps in a different size to OE? Also, what are the sidewalls like?

Lastly, the -A's only come in a W-rating at the right size. What issues will this give me - I'm guessing insurance, for one?!?

The alternative is Goodyears, but that would be Asymmetrics on the rear and GSD-3's on the front (albeit in 215/40/16 W). Or GDS-3's all-round. Which again isn't ideal, not least for the squidgier sidewalls.

(Already discounted - T1R's - nice tyres, too squidgy sidewalls; Yoko's - too soft; Conti's - no-one with any experience on here, but I've liked them in the past, and they've a stiff sidewall...)

Questions:-
    - Dunlops (SP Sport Maxx) - what are the sidewalls like? And any suggestions for a matching front tyre?
    - Hankook Ventus - Senninha seems to like these - any other comments (and sidewall stiffness?), and what about a front tyre to match?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

we ve tested re050A here on the NSX, it works very good. the re050 is a runflat-version, which is heavier, and you dont need runflat-tyres. so the re050a is a very good choise. very good in the rain and very also in dry conditions. the price is here 215-40-17 130eu and 245-40-17 160eu

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast