Thread: Tyres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For the NSX fitments I believe they now offer the later AD08R version ... I’ll be updating as my current AD08 are due replacement ... and for those new to AD08’s, on the NSX Ive used them all year round and on track and been very satisfied. Very high levels of grip, good wet weather stability and even wear rates .. highly recommended
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    For the NSX fitments I believe they now offer the later AD08R version ... I’ll be updating as my current AD08 are due replacement ... and for those new to AD08’s, on the NSX Ive used them all year round and on track and been very satisfied. Very high levels of grip, good wet weather stability and even wear rates .. highly recommended
    Ah, yes, they are the AD08R, sorry I was just using 'short hand' as the 'non R' isn't available anymore. I agree they are a great tyre - any more grip and I think they would overwhelm the standard NA1 chassis (the suspension is very soft! but I like the compliance and its not a dedicated track car for me)

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx
    Thanks for the update.

In the meanwhile, I've spoken to a track guy with his Integra and he stated clearly that semis are quiet on the first miles when new. But with more mileage on them they get noticeably noisier. He said that the difference was night and day AFTER the first trackday in summer or after a serious heat cycle. He was talking about Yokohama semis available back then. Not sure if the AD08 is an exception of the rule or a different tire.
    The AD08R isn't a semislick, the yoko AO series (48, 32 etc) are the semislicks. the AD08R is somewhere between a conventional performance tyre and a semislick (larger tread blocks, slightly stiffer construction and softer compound than say the Michelin PS4) I have done a full trackday and maybe 1,000 miles on the integra's AD08Rs and they are still acceptably quiet (unlike the rest of the car!) a semislick or tarmac rally tyre sounds like the wheel bearings have failed in comparison!

Great tyre with minimal compromise (wet weather maybe as they wear, higher than average wear rate) definitely the only real option now for the 15/16 original wheels IMHO. I did enjoy the bridgestone RE002 and managed 5,000miles from the rears which was pretty good - will see how the Yokos go once they are on the car.

Blog Entries

As Yokohama is switching from AD08R to AD08RS for the European market, just placing the link to my blog including the mobile tyre fitting that some of you may benefit from.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?257...e-tyre-fitting

Kaz

New Yokohama Tyre in NSX sizes - https://www.y-yokohama.com/global/pr...an_neova_ad09/ - coming to the UK soon?
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Current suggestions on tyres for a '93 with the original 'fat five' alloys? Just for street driving, no winter driving.

IIRC, I need 205/50R15 and 225/50R16 (car's at the workshop so I can't go and check).

Blog Entries

For the OEM 15/16 combo (yes, your size info is correct) and not regularly driving the car or not doing many track days, may be Yokohama Advan Fleva V701???
    May struggle finding the rear set in stock.

I think someone on here with European LHD model is/was using it with good feedback.

From time to time, I saw concern on the front tyre speed rating (even for the Neova AD08 series) but without knowing how tyres are being tested on the tyre dyno.
    Would be surprised if anyone can apply full load spec at the front without heavily modifying the aerodynamics because at the proving ground, you can feel the front getting lighter/lifting at high speed.
    Though, very likely the insurance companies don’t know these facts and just go with the rating label.

Kaz

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a place listing both front and rears of the Fleva as available - about £470 for all 4.

Same place lists AD08Rs as available.