Thread: At last my NSX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default At last my NSX

Hi I new to the NXSOC have to say great site, informative and interesting. I never knew there were so many people interested in this great car.

Anyway just bought the car of my dreams....a late 95 Yellow 3.0 T manual. Wanted this car for around 10 years, been searching properly for approx 2 years. As I am not really mechanically minded, I needed to find one that was in VGC that needed little work for around 20K.
    Can you believe, I came out of work last week to go to the post office, came to the T junction and there it was, going past, my yellow NSX, so I quickly decided to follow said car, 2 miles later it came to a halt outside a paint shop and a Guy got out who is 73 years old!!!

Had a chat and found that he lives 1.5 miles from me!!! He was looking at selling due to poor health, had the car 5 years, been treated with tender care, no wet weather etc... Has all Honda service history from day 1, done 56,000, new clutch fitted 2000mls ago, Clean as a whistle, just had its 56,000 service with no problems.
    We agreed a price of £24000 including Reg N30 NSX on Satuday morning.
    I probably paid top money, but I reckoned I could have spent upto £1000 trying to find one. I had gone around £3000 over my budget, but I could just manage it.
    Saturday night I won £3003 on the lottery (5 numbers)
    I am collecting the car Friday so watch this space........

The moral is I suppose, you never know whats round the corner!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nxs4.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	2451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nxs5.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	2452  

congrats pal. Car looks great, reminds me of how good yellow can look. mines been banished from use till this bloody rain stops!

Price wasnt far off imo..i paid 21k for a 96 car with 82k miles on it so horses for courses. where about are u from?
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Hi Dan
    From Sunny Tamworth in Staffs

Good story. Well done on your purchase. If it's a true 1 owner minter, I don't think you paid too much over the top....especially if you won £3k on the lotto....beers are on you then!

Hi Simon
    It has had 2 owners, and the mood I'm in dinner as well!!!

right lads staffs it is, steve, book a table were en route!

Not too far away for a north meet
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Car looks great....you can tell it was owned by an older gentleman it's still got the door protector on it :-).

Looks like an awesome car.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

congrats mate lookin good

thx amo