I have recently bought a 2000 NSX 3.2 6 speed with 24k miles. It is in beautiful condition but............

It has just had a new clutch and flywheel fitted under warranty because the downshifts were often impossible as the clutch wasn't disengaging cleanly, making it impossible to come out of gear to select the lower gear. This problem has now been overcome and gearchanges are fine both up and down the box except for the first to second change which is dreadful (it was before the new clutch but I assumed itwould be cured in the process).

The first to second change baulks badly particularly when cold and at low engine revs (below 4500 rpm). Curiously, above this engine speed the change is fine. It seems like a synchro problem to me but the NSX dealer who did the clutch job advises that they checked the synchros at the time and there was nothing untoward. He also says that the first to second change is particularly heavy on the NSX 6 speed. I find this explanation difficult to accept as I don't think Honda would intend for the gears to grate together during the change which is what you can feel and hear.

Does anyone have any helpful comments please ? Is this a type problem?

It really is spoiling enjoyment of the car. I'm even starting off in second gear to avoid the crunch !

Cheers

Ken A.