Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by tommy
    the one good thing i have noticed about owning a porsche, it allows you to park anywhere.......double yellows, dissabled bays, loading bays, etc.

The Boxster is actually a lovely car to drive, a sort of poor man's NSX, if you will. I was put off buying one by the reliability/servicing issues as well as that discomfort/awkwardness with the brand.

I don't get the 911 though. It's a snob's NSX with kids where the lump should be and the lump where the luggage should be!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

well all i can say is i wish it was january when i get mine deliverd, its a bit like the night before christmas when you were 5 years old, my other half still thinks its an S2000 i am getting, but i think she will like what i have got her for christmas, so i might not get nagged too much.

RAOFLMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by tommy
    well all i can say is i wish it was january when i get mine deliverd, its a bit like the night before christmas when you were 5 years old, my other half still thinks its an S2000 i am getting, but i think she will like what i have got her for christmas, so i might not get nagged too much.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

when i first decided it was time to change my car i thought 'what do i get', finaly i thought, bring back the joys of youth, now being 48 and time is running out. i worked for a honda dealer for a lot of years so i knew how good the cars were then, so i thought they will be better now. as it happens there is a dealer about 500 yards from where i work so i dropped in one day just for a general look at the market. i knew about the S2000 and more or less made my mind up to get one. but something kept telling me NSX....NSX. so anyway the boss and i went along and the sales man took her out in it for a run, all was well BUT then came the....and how do we go camping in that, we will never get everything in there, i suppose thats the camping trips finished, (we love camping by the way). still in my mind though NSX.....NSX. anyway a couple of weeks later i called back to the garage and asked if it would be possable for them to get me an NSX. after a phone call they said they could do it, so i said 'ok get me one'. also to keep her happy about the camping trips i bought a new CR-V too, we collect that on xmas eve and she still thinks we are just getting an S2000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12