Thread: Locking wheel nuts - recommendations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Locking wheel nuts - recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a decent quality / good looking (black or gunmetal) locking wheel nut for the NSX running on standard wheels?

I am thoroughly disilusioned with the OEM Honda version because they a/ look awful (IMHO) and b/ are a poor design if some air gun wielding muppet over torques them (I have just had one surgically removed via drilling, necessitating the replacement of a stud).

The spline drive 'lugs' (as our septic cousins are wont to call them) which Science of Speed sell ($45 plus shipping) look like they would do the job efficiently, but I am unsure of the cosmetic appearance of these. I am also concerned that they claim to be for '...your aftermarket wheels.....' - does this mean they are not suitable for OEM wheels?????

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...%5Flug%5Fnuts/

All thoughts / alternative suggestions gratefully recieved!
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 14-12-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Most aftermarket ones have a conical base whereas ours need an acorn base.

Hence the difficulty!

Good luck with the hunt and if you find them let us know.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    Most aftermarket ones have a conical base whereas ours need an acorn base.
    Yes!

I am (rapidly) learning this.

I understand Mugen do some locking 'lugs' for the NSX / S2000. I tremble to think what they cost (though sourcing in the US with the weak $ may ease the pain) - does anyone know if these are 'acorn' shaped?

These are the Mugen ones - 1st set on this link - available in black and specifically for OEM Honda wheels.

These will work, yes?

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/cate...=14#Product_57
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 14-12-2006 at 11:37 AM.

I bought mine from Dali - see their website.

These are fine in all respects. I can't remember what I paid but it was much less than quoted by Chiswick Honda. Mind you, postage and import duty does add noticeably to the price.
    Last edited by kevinpsw; 14-12-2006 at 11:56 AM.

If you are after OEM check ebay as normally you can get them for a about £ 10.00.

Cheers,

AR