Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wicked Wheels Crawley - Excellent!

Maybe not 100%, but look pretty damn close to me. Good job.
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley
    Maybe not 100%, but look pretty damn close to me. Good job.
    Yes, very pleased. Not sure which wheels to put on the car now?!

Cheers,

James.

At last, my 500th post.........
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I went for bright silver for the Prelude, which isn't original, but does look better against the pearlescent blue paint.

It involves PCing the wheels black & overpainting them silver, which means the caps can be blown it too.

My BBSs on the S2000 are PC'd straight silver & it's very tough stuff.

Did melt it on a very hot trackday once, resulting in all four wheels coming loose at once!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou
    Just had mine back today,

I sent one of my split rims off after curbing it on a local lane (currently suing the council and highways).

Anyway, it came back and the work was excellent. unfortunately the courier had dropped the box and flat spotted the rim so back it went to WW for a second repair.

Just got it back today and it's a very good repair and I am happy, they also said they'd come to some arrangement with the re-repair because the box the wheel was in could have been sturdier. Anyway, glad to get my wheel back and looking forward to getting my car back on the road.

I also sent my oem wheels away at the same time, and they've also come back looking great.
    I wasn't sure which colour to go for, but decided in the end to go bright silver which on reflection was a great choice.
    If I had to be critical I'd say the centre caps were not 100% but they are acceptable and I know WW tried hard to get them right.

I would definately use them again as I couldn't believe how good the repair was on the split rim.

Cheers,

James.
    That's exactly how i want my wheels done.James can you tell me what colour you asked for with regard to your stock rims please.I have always felt that the Factory colour was a bit too dark for my personal tastes.
    Cheers.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip
    That's exactly how i want my wheels done.James can you tell me what colour you asked for with regard to your stock rims please.I have always felt that the Factory colour was a bit too dark for my personal tastes.
    Cheers.

I don't know the colour code, but if you are getting the work done through WW they will know. I just specified bright silver and that's what I got.

Cheers,

James.

Another question sorry guys.
    What company did you use for shipping and what sort of money did it cost to send them.
    Cheers,

Ivor.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Default Another satisfied customer

Original style '91 wheels had some kerb damage & lots of paint bubbling - now perfect. On time (3 days) & in budget. Wicked Wheels do retail tyres (& fit carefully) - in 2 months they will have extended their premises to store cars whilst wheels are refurbished & also to sell more tyres,

John

Ressurecting and old post here, but is this Wicked Wheels that people are using, the same as www.wickedwheels.co.uk?

From the website it seems they are a mobile based company, but the previous posts mention a site in Crawley.

..........So much to do to get ready for JamesFest.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Ressurecting and old post here, but is this Wicked Wheels that people are using, the same as www.wickedwheels.co.uk?

From the website it seems they are a mobile based company, but the previous posts mention a site in Crawley.

Really not sure, but here's the number for Crawley; 07798830415

Yes, the same people. They've got a workshop in Crawley and mobile people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast