Thread: NSXCB Finances and web server costs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't know this. Sadly, I think the lack of traffic here means that there's not a lot of point in saving the site as an on-going forum. I hate Facebook for info-rich resources, too.

Is it feasible to put the database into some other searchable form? Even if it's read-only? This, of course, requires a motivated and savvy person.

(I'm out of my depth on SQL and PHP.)

I prefer the forum as a usable database for info. FB & WhatsApp groups don't do it for me.
    What you say maybe makes sense, are we flogging a dead horse in trying to keep the forum alive?
    Just throwing an idea out there, but is there any mileage in joining / merging the forum with another JDM platform, like S2k or even Prime for instance?

Do we have figures on the bandwidth usage? If it is low usage then a cloud based service would be a viable option, this would also have the benefit of always using the latest version and any enhancements.
    Last years income would indicate there are only 10 people interested in the forum, the original agreement with the OC was that every member would contribute to the forum, after the "break away" of the OC, they have retained the money that would have gone to maintain the forum.
    Last edited by sorepaws; 08-05-2024 at 01:38 PM.
    Mike

@Forumadmin is there a method to contact you in a more interactive way?
    Mike