Since buying the current car and actually using it. It got me thinking about an update to the steering. The manual rack in my car is really nice when up to speed, but hard work in the low speed corners, especially the tighter stuff.
It’s hard to get everything in one package. The manual rack gives you excellent feedback and on faster roads I have no complaints.
I have been watching some videos, reading a bit of Prime and exchanged some emails with a guy that has done some conversions using S2000 and Accord racks.
For anyone who hasn’t heard of these conversions. They appear to work incredibly well. They normally use the AP1 rack which gives you a 67% faster ratio, whereas the Accord rack is 36% faster. There are some good videos online documenting how they actually work on the road.
Personally, if I could keep a car long enough, I would be interested in this mod. I think for the following reasons; 1. To make the slow speed corners more enjoyable and allow me to catch the back end easier. 2. Because an NSX EPS retrofit would be incredibly expensive. 3. It would make the early cars feel more modern. 4. The S2000/Accord racks are inexpensive with regard to ongoing maintenance.

The guy that’s making the kits uses LHD racks for both applications and has custom manufactured brackets for both LHD and RHD cars.

The pricing is $2100 for the Accord rack and $2600 for the S2000 version. This is plus shipping, PP etc.

https://youtu.be/qcpDs-0Ef4s

Anyway, I know some people will find it sacrilegious, but I’m interested to know what people think?

Cheers.