Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
I have the old iPod conversion in my car which is fine but with iPods going the way of cassette tapes, limiting. Is there a way to adapt the stereo for bluetooth reception without going the whole hog of a full DIN display conversion?

Thanks for any suggestions.

David
Apologies for my lack of expertise here Kaz, and since there may be others similarly afflicted, I thought it worthwhile to elaborate on this question.

I have the iPod / USA Spec PA11-Hon fitted to my car and the OEM stereo system works superbly. It has the AUX port into which I presumably would plug a suitable bluetooth receiver ( I agree on the merits of the aptX standard) and play as Disc 6 on the stereo. So far, so clear. The GROM Audio BT3 unit comes in two versions - "Old" Honda (MBUS) and "New" Honda (HON1). Firstly, which is correct for a 1999 NSX and secondly, does this replace the PA11-Hon unit? I simply plug the existing multi-pin plug from the head unit into the GROM unit?

In otherwords, two choices; buy a cheap bluetooth receiver and plug into the existing PA11-Hon system or replace it with the correct GROM unit? By the way, handsfree telephony is not a "must-have"; I am more interested in the music streaming function from my mobile. A third really cheap option is the one suggested by NSX 2000.

Many thanks

David