Thread: Is this Simonprelude’s old car?

Default Is this Simonprelude’s old car?

I don’t remember there being two pop-up IOP press cars, so I was wondering whether this is it?

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1537223
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Reg looks familiar (press car) but I cannot remember.

Was Simon's ex-Harvey Postlethwaite?

I think Simon's was past that mileage a decade ago and the paint wasn't perfect.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Simons was a 1997?
    I do remember there being another IOP press car with high mileage. It came up for sale shortly after I bought mine in 2003.

I know Simon’s had a very tough life. Bit of a triggers broom in the end. P27 OLU I believe.
    Whereas this looks like it was originally R462 ULL. So I’m thinking different cars.
    Interesting how cars CAN lose their identity when the reg is changed. Reminds me of my old LBB car. Crashed, reg changed. Then on sale at plans for top money. Before anyone jumps on this, I am not inferring the car currently at plans has a past. I’ve never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Nice work Simon!

D'oh! Soon as I read P27 OLU I remembered that was Simon Prelude's. Had a slight curtain in the driver's door paint.

Signed,

Brian Fade.

It's still alive & showed 103,000 miles on its current ticket.
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 19-01-2023 at 05:55 PM.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Haha the only way it was triggers broom under my ownership was when it was rear ended (I declared it when I sold it) causing quite a bit of damage and it never drove the same again.

The Plans advert text is 99.5% the same as when Graham sold my IOP (now FlyNavy') a few years back!