Hey guys,

For one reason or another it’s been a terrible year for NSX use but wanted to get her serviced and MOT’d just to keep the records straight.

I did fire her up earlier in the year and all seemed fine, but then didn’t connect the charger properly (I assume) so battery died. Sat idle in the garage over the summer as work kicked my backside so had to jump her to get her going and over to Aberdeen Honda.

MOT failed due to an issue with driver side (R) headlamp. Apparently there’s 2 manual knobs for adjusting light position (seized apparently) and also an automatic/motorised adjustment. The solution suggested is to order part # 33100-SL0-E03. Not a cheap part and won’t be delivered until late Feb. Initially I’d thought I could just get a less strict garage to get my MOT pass as I’m a fair weather, maybe 1000 miles, day driver so no big deal. On getting the car home however I hear the motor for the headlamp continually whirrs, when key turned. Stops when I switch off the car…which is why Honda’s suggestion that it was perhaps this motor that drained the battery seems unlikely/impossible. So the headlamp rises and drops no issue, the issue appears to be with the self levelling motor assembly.

Had a rummage through some similar problems and see parallels, but as I’m pretty mechanically inept I thought I would also raise a new query. Please just redirect me if this has been discussed to death and I’ve simply not found the thread yet.

On a brighter note, obviously I drove straight home and did not drive over any of my favourite roads, but even still the car was immense. What a howl as you let the revs climb, love it..