Thread: Failed MOT - driver side headlamp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RCGF, many thanks for your input and attaching the links, and apologies for the delay in responding, crazy end to the year!

Finally, I now understand what you chaps mean, both re my specific problem and the general issues related to the NSX electronics. I guess I’ll need to do some reading and see removal of these circuits is even remotely possible for someone like me, or even at the local garage.

Assuming the issue is indeed circuit board related, i don’t suppose buying a new headlamp assembly, as suggested by Honda, is likely to make any difference.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas, and all the very best for 2023.

To stop the motor whirring you can quite easily disconnect the centre console switch.
    I have a 1993 NSX, open the centre console compartment, lift the bottom cushioned plate using a small flat head screwdriver at the front middle. That should reveal 4 screws, undo and the compartment will lift out, push the height adjuster button from underneath then undo the centre screw holding the console that should give enough space to disconnect the blue connector to the switch.
    Here’s a thread which shows the capacitor circuit board and other info. If the link doesn’t work use the search bar and type headlight height adjuster (the thread is either 2019 or 2019)

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ight-adjusters

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?15725-UK-spec-pop-up-headlight-height-adjusters

I'd disconnect at the headlamp end and replace the switch with a blank.

Pretend it's JDM Yo!

I think it's the 'needs to function where fitted' thing. And it's not as if you regularly carry a few bags of builders' dust in the boot at night.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson