Thread: NSX engine + manual gearbox + ECU for sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NSX engine + manual gearbox + ECU for sale

62,000 miles, taken from a wrecked car (1995, if I remember right) and put into dry storage since.

Throttle is the by-wire type.

Photos to follow

Price: £7500 collection from Cambridge.

Goldtop, I've sent you a PM.
    Wix

Sale of gearbox is pending. I am checking the gearbox number to confirm snap-ring isn't relevant. Will update ASAP.

Sale of engine is pending. Will update ASAP.

Not sure about the ECU. Anyone know if they are 'hard-coded' to any particular sensor or other part of the engine?

Blog Entries

For me, not a problem as I know who you are but for history tracking purpose, may I suggest posting the photo of the ENG no. and the Gbox one as well?

ENG no alone won't tell the camshaft spec (MT/AT) but at least, can confirm the series no.

There was a big change in DF spec so Gbox no. would help in confirming the spec.

For the ECU, photo of parts no. would help to confirm the compatibility such as MT/AT, non-DBW/DBW, security chip, market area difference, sensor input/output, etc.

Kaz

Yup - can do. The buyer of the gearbox wants to see the number anyway, so I will sort out those photos tomorrow.

From the previous owner, I've also got photos of the (unfortunate) donor car's chassis number and the dash gauge showing odometer reading. I can post these, too, to help keep all of the pertinent info together.

Gearbox number: SR8M-6101212
    Engine number: C30A3-5100012
    ECU part number: 37820-PBY-G51
    Chassis number: JHMNA-11600T500022
    Odo reading: 62251 miles

That ECU code...
    This page - https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-car...__1304/3/23707 and others on the site - seems to indicate that this is an ECU code for a later 6-speed manual car. Which matters as the hopeful buyer of the gearbox wants a 5-speed! So if anyone can help confirm or contradict, that would be useful.

FWIW, the PCB within the ECU has a code "E-8728" in white silk-screen print with a smaller "B99 Y03" code stamped in black close to the largest chip, which itself has a small "NA1" sticker. No signs of any alterations, just some white 'goo' joining two pairs of capacitors together.