that age old problem of moisture in the rear lights....

now, i know the usual response is 'get new foam seals' but these are good, recently replaced when i put the new (to me) light units in, and experience tells me that the lights fogging up is usually indicative of dampness in the boot, usually after having to open the boot when its wet and drips rolling off it before you can get it fully open.... and that usually affects both lamps and the centre piece if very unlucky....anyhoo.....

the light now off the car and dried on a radiator for a day (cos no-one here has seen a nsx lamp unit before....)
Nsx rear light issue... by NSX Jon, on Flickr

upon cleaning to replace it, i noticed this....
2021-11-27_09-59-36 by jon sutherland, on Flickr

further investigation found this....
Nsx rear light issue... by jon sutherland, on Flickr

i think this illustrates how the light angle affects the visibility.....

close up (making the camera phone really work for it's keep) and in shadow i see....

and....

i can feel then with my nail, so very small isolated areas of fine cracking of the plastic.... annoying as i changed out the old light units because of the crazing on the top edge at certain light angles

so is this where the moisture is getting in?? maybe as this side was very wet, the other side bone dry

someone has suggested UV has caused this... i do have some screen repair fluid en-route to hopefully seal the cracks... i do have some Capt. Tolley's creeping crack cure,

but as that is white drying clear, i'm a little concerned it might not dry out deep in the cracks and leave white artefacts, at least the screen stuff is clear at all times... i shall experiment!