Thread: autoglass 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not sure I'll get any choice on the screen, at the current rate I'll be lucky to get anything
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Well.... Txt/email from autoglass today inviting me to make an appointment to get the screen fitted....

We shall see if its the right one this time on Tuesday.... Not holding my breath tho!!!!

Edit... I asked for next Tuesday 31st Aug, they have given me Tuesday 7th Sept... Grrrrrr
    Last edited by britlude; 24-08-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Did you pay the excess up front?
    I had similar issues with Autoglass and I'd not paid the excess upfront. When the job was finally completed and someone called for me to pay it, I told them to look back at the job log and tell me if they thought I should pay it. They let me off.
    Nice to know we can still get screens though.

Alas I'd paid it just before the first aborted fitting
    aka Jonathan!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Alas I'd paid it just before the first aborted fitting
    When this little saga is over, call them up and complain. I had a very similar experience with them a couple of years ago, and I did succeed in getting the excess refunded. Scant comfort after all the difficulties, but still worth a try.

on the 18th August i pinged off a couple of slightly frustrated emails to Autoglass and one to my insurance.....

today (31st) i get a call from the lovely Katie at Autoglass, as my emails finally landed on the desk of someone who actually got the short straw to call me... she's now chasing up the depot, just to make sure the correct glass is being sourced and sent there, as i'm not convinced!

we shall see what she discovers!
    aka Jonathan!!

emailed Katie, as i hadn't heard back from her..... got this reply...

Good Afternoon,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner. I chased this earlier today and had not received a reply. I just looked back on your file and our product team has confirmed that the part numbers you provided are the ones that are in the job. So everything is looking good and ready for your appointment on 07/09/21.
    shame i had to supply the part numbers again! and still not convinced, unless autoglass had a screen in stock anyway! Honda tod me their eta was sep t21st..
    aka Jonathan!!

Well, here goes, autoglass have arrived, he has an original Honda windscreen in the correct blue/blue colour , seems confident it won’t take too long, so will update when it’s done .

(He also pointed out that my current windscreen is a replacement and not a Honda one ! )
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Well, I have to say, no complaints from me, new screen in, including new top seal, and it looks crystal clear and has the blue top tint (even the clip for OEM rear view mirror which I don’t have !)

So all good now .
    Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.