Interesting that the re-soldered one only survived for about 3 years although if it was the original one from 96, the parts lasted for 25 years and whatever the mileage covered.

I opened several used main relay years ago and cut through the relay housing to inspect the contacts.

All of them showed fairly clean status but because it was long time ago, I think none of them covered as much mileage or age as yours.

Interesting to see the cause of your failure as it's very unlikely to be caused by the soldering crack.

With the EPS controller, the contacts of the power relay were either burnt or melted due to lack of contact capacity triggering the famous EPS error code #22.

If your main relay failed with the relay contact issue, could be the first one in UK so would be nice if you can keep it for further investigation.

If you are happy, will appreciate if you can forward it to me when we meet next time at the future event, etc.

Regarding the parts, as some of the parts price went up more than 3 times in April, I think we are fine for the foreseeable future.

Some manufactures had to create new mandrel/die and with very limited demand, inevitably, the price had to go up.

I would say we were fortunate until now because although the parts price went up every year, it was only like by few %.

This was the first time it went up massively since the NSX production stopped after 2005 so if you look at it from the different point of view,
it's the good sign that the parts manufactures are still committed to produce the parts, at least for the ones that had the new price tags.

Of course there are already several discontinued parts so if it's known to fail, we just need to take action at the right timing to repair/replace them as the preventative measure.

Kaz