Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post

Hi, Andy.

As britlude suggested, the rod is inserted from the front towards the rear.

Unless you have to, you really don't want removing the rear sash as you may create another issue such as wind noise, water seeping into the cabin, etc.

Please check the threaded section of the rod.

Sometimes, it gets loose and disconnected or the adjustment no longer suitable that it puts extra stress on the plastic bush/fastener that it will pop out or cause breakage resulting in the same issue as yours.

The rod goes into the upper plastic fastener.

The lower one is for the rod from the external key cyl hole.

This is the plastic fastener used for the rear sash rod.

Always keep spare when working on the rear sash as it's so easy for the yellow ring to fly away when inserting the rod back in place.

I normally use combination of two long nose slightly angled pliers to create leverage when dealing with this rod.

Kaz
Thank you both, it is the rod into the white plastic bush in the photo above that has come out with the (slightly mangled) bush still on the rod.

I am slightly confused with the photograph of the replacement part Kaz. From the parts diagram in my initial post, I thought part 04721-SL0-000 is the white upper fitting that I need. As you say, the parts visible in the photograph are showing the yellow washer from the lower fitting. Are both upper and lower fitting included in the part number or are they in the bag below and that is the part number I need to order?

Sorry to be a pain here but I am guessing I have to order this from my local Honda dealer and I would like to get the correct part.

I have no experience with dealers in this country having lived the last 30 years in Asia. I am hoping that they will be more helpful than my Honda dealer in Brunei was, they would not even sell me spare parts as they hadn't supplied the car.

Regards,

Andy