Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 f1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

let me think as my original reply was deemed too short.....

meh!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Have watched the 3 FP's and qualifying - good to see Lando & Alex up there, but can't see anything but a Merc victory. Max might get between the black cars though.
    Telling that Ferrari are nowhere... and that the Merc clones are both top 10. George will be in the points (with a bit of luck)...
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

it was commented somewhere else, that P1-P19 were only 1.2 seconds apart in Q1.. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/result...-451731/?st=Q1

so the closest the grid has been for years.... unfortunately mercedes weren't exactly trying, looking at Q3 times with a 1.3 second spread over the 10 cars.... https://www.motorsport.com/f1/result...-451731/?st=Q3
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Well that was incident-packed!

Great season opener, missed the crowds for pole and Lando’s first podium ... but he earned it with that final lap time!

So were back (or never left) Austria for the re-run albeit under a different name and track sponsorship ...

And whilst we were busy enjoying the racing, Alonso has snuck back into the paddock and landed himself the Renault seat for the coming few years ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Not an Alonso fan at all...
    Less exciting than race 1, race 2 still featured a Ferrari meltdown, a decent showing for McLaren (especially in the closing stages (again), Red Bull being a bit more competitive, glimpses of lhope for Williams, and a bit of interest in the midfield battles.
    Racing Point seem to be punching above their weight with the clone of last years championship winning car, much to Danny Ric's annoyance.
    All the Ferrari powered cars are down on power this year, wonder why...?

Albon struggels with the RB16 like Gasly last year (maybe a little bit less) but they give him more time. The RB16 seems to be a wild horse only MadMax is able to tame.

I don't know the tire choice next weekend but it seems as if Pirelli has it in its hands to give more spectacle by going softer and raising the tire pressure.

From what I've read Covid-19 can leave pretty undesired residuals like fatique and less concentration for example. Being a F1 driver is a pretty demanding task. Free of Covid-19 doesn't mean he'll be able to drive a F1 car. I hope Perez recovers fast without such issues.

My understanding is that Checo's asymptomatic, so I wouldn't expect this to have any long term impact on his health.

Ther is another way we could conceivably see Nico in an F1 car this year...a red car! If the Ferrari / Seb debacle continues I could easily see one side or the other crying 'enough'!

So on to Spain and some nice hot weather. Does anyone know the tyre choices for this weekend?

Seb is already out at Ferrari , probably explains his sulky attitude there.

Carlos Sainz has been confirmed as his replacement already, Riccardo to McLaren, Alonzo to Renault .... Seb hasn't got many options, depends how much Aston Martin want a big name, and if Perez or stroll get dropped from stroll snr's race team...
    aka Jonathan!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast