Thread: Type S up for auction at Silverstone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    Hi Mark, hope you are well. I'm very much liking your double garage and it looks like something that would be cheaper than the standard oak type garages you see for sale in the back of car mags. Can you tell us a little bit about them please.

In the first picture is that a mountfield lawnmower?
    No it's a BMW Paul Yep it's an old Mountfield rotary, complete with a hole rusted through the deck, still works OK though

I debated between an OAK frame or Log Cabin style building for ages. If you search around the non premium suppliers who advertise in the car mags there isn't much difference in total cost and I preferred the thicker walls (warmer) of the Log Cabin style. Log cabins are also better if you want windows and personnel doors.

I upgraded to 70mm (thickness) walls and had it custom sized to fit the 30m (square) permitted development rules. Got it from a company called "Quick Garden" who make them to order in Holland (I think). I also upgraded the roof to one by Metrotile which uses large metal tiles treated and coated to look like slate/clay ones but which are much lighter and tougher. Total cost was about £13K which includes the slab, 12mm porcelain floor tiles and Rollerdor (model RD55) doors. The new and extended driveway to get to the new garage was another £20K though!

Really pleased with the result, just need a parking lift now to 3 cars in there

The garage came in a REALLY big kit, here a few pics of it mid build and of the roof tiles and doors...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db274324-b526-4bd4-8ce7-fb38f0a36a01.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	13750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garage inside.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	13749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3581.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	13748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	13747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4114.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	13746  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	13751  
    Last edited by markc; 25-07-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo
    The older I get, the faster I was