Thread: Is “THNOC” losing its way?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can see the point of view from both sides of this and both sides have their legitimate arguments, but I suggest it may be better to look at a bigger picture for THNOC.

I think that for an event offered with limited tickets it is acceptable to offer these to the people who provide the most support for the club first (THNOC) and this also offers an additional incentive rather than just the SSC for people to join THNOC. This in turn may increase membership and reduce the membership costs back to the earlier days as the costs seem to be fixed regardless of membership numbers.

As has already been said, this is not a commercial club but one that is highly acclaimed amongst other forums as a genuine enthusiasts club with a friendly atmosphere and a wealth of information, readily willing to assist other members. My personal feeling is, that to not at some point offer the opportunity to attend the Spa 24 Hrs to all owners is going against this nature.

Honda are offering 50 places which is near enough to the maximum number of NSX's ever gathered together in Europe. There may be more demand with the launch of the NC1 and especially if dealers may offer some tickets as incentives but filling all 50 spaces is certainly not a given. Members often complain about a lack of support from Honda but if all the spaces aren't filled then their inclination for future offerings is going to be reduced, but if all spaces are filled and the event a success then they may be more forthcoming.

Honda have offered this opportunity as a marketing exercise and the event details do state that this is an event for any NSX owner. Although the invitation has come through THNOC as this is Honda's contact to the club, I would be very surprised if their intention was not to reach the most NSX owners in the UK as possible and if such, then I feel that THNOC should be doing their best to facilitate this.

Not wishing to step on anyone's toes and I certainly do not have the spare time to put in the effort that the committee members generously do but I feel this is drifting from the spirit of the club.

Olly

Blog Entries

For your reference with my comment at the top; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...025#post127025

Kaz

Hello All,

There are many points raised and discussed, some of which I may be able to assist/clarify, others about which I would like to know more, and some upon which I have and will retain a personal opinion to myself ... these are all, IMO, best discussed face to face so that’s something that needs to be arranged.

I’m also saddened to hear one of our friends may not be in good health at present so will wait to hear when this situation is resolved.

In the meantime, the sun is shining so I don’t about you boys and girls, but me and the NSX are going for some fun!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!! Lol
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!! Lol
    LoL ... clearly wasn’t paying attention this morning waiting for the good lady ... oh,well guess this is pretty much resolved then ... and myself and Havoc will set out the exchanges between ‘groups’ of owners ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara