Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hid kit

1. Default

The thought about legality had crossed my mind. The MOT guidance (probably abbreviated from actual law) states that HID headlights must be designed and approved for HID bulbs. The guidance doesn't explicitly say that the approving authority must be the UK (or even a European) government body, but you might be pushing your luck to argue that as a loophole in court.

I suspect the JDM lights would stand up to a much more detailed inspection than an HID kit as there is no obvious aftermarket conversion. For them to be of best value you'd need an MOT tester sharp enough to spot an aftermarket kit, but not sharp enough to spot a missing E-mark . . . hmn!

They're still part of a battery of tweaks that would be included in my dream NSX build - I see them a bit like the later spec ABS conversion. One day . . .

Is anyone in a position to pass comment on the effectiveness of the JDM HID units against non HID units retrofitted with HID bulbs?

Blog Entries

What might come to your advantage regarding the e-mark, most modern cars don't have them anymore (I guess they are now part of the overall vehicle registration) so it's a dying art form to check for them ..
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234