Thread: Winter Chassis Re-fresh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The A/C compressor doesn't seem to work. Do you hear it kick in when pressing the A/C button to ON?
    My A/C service station has two gauges to check the pressures while the A/C is running.
    Are you sure that there is enough R134a in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    The A/C compressor doesn't seem to work. Do you hear it kick in when pressing the A/C button to ON?
    My A/C service station has two gauges to check the pressures while the A/C is running.
    Are you sure that there is enough R134a in the system?
    Yes, compressor kicks in when the A/C button is pressed to ON & I pop the engine hatch to check I can see the pulley spinning, so it's definitely running.

I had the system filled last month with RS24, a replacement for R12, as the system was never modified for R134a & there's no signs of leakage.

I am going to speak to the company who charged the system, to see if they can check the pressures while the compressor is running, next week.
    Wix

Finally got to the bottom of the non functional air-con, in my NSX.

I went back to Bee Cool in Kettering today, for them to try & diagnose why there's no cold air coming through the vents, with the air-con ON & the compressor engaged. Candidates were either the compressor clutch or the compressor unit. Having connected the car up to one of their air-con units, the gauges displayed no pressure in the cars system, only 2 months after it was fully re-charged by Bee Cool. There was no visible signs of a leak anywhere & no signs of green fluid on the garage floor, so the cars system was filled with Nitrogen gas & a detector used to find the leak.

The leak was found to be one of the shrader valves used for charging the system, so both were replaced & another pressure check done, this time resulting in the pressure maintaining itself. A quick swap of the triple pressure switch for a new item & the car was re-gassed again with RS24 & finally success, there is now cold air coming through the vents, so I have a fully functional air-con system for the first time since I've owned the car.

It's not very often a fix is so cheap on an NSX, I was planning a compressor replacement or repair, so glad it was something easy & a good lesson learned, to check the small easier parts first.
    Wix