Thread: Buying parts from Japan or USA

Default Buying parts from Japan or USA

Hi,
    Anyone bought parts from here

http://jp-carparts.com

or anywhere from the USA ?

I've been pricing up some parts from the UK and they can be a hell of a lot more expensive compared to these countries.

Cheers
    Wix
    Wix

Hi Wix

I have bought parts from JP -Carparts and it was fine the parts arrived within 2 weeks.

Neil
    [SIGPIC]

www.nsxclub.co.uk

2001 NA2 Imola Orange Pearl/Black Leather (Type S evocation)
    2003 NA2 Long Beach Blue/Black Leather (NSX-R evocation)

Non NSX
    Lotus Carlton 30/250

Previous NSX
    2004 NA2-R Championship White/Red Seats 111/150 personal import April 2016 sold 2020
    NA2 2005 NA2 LBB/Grey Leather last 12 car, 2005 Pearl White/Red Leather last 12 car, 2003-T Black/Black, 2003-T Red/Black
    NA1 1996 Type R White/Black 447/483, 2 x 1991 manual, 1993 manual, 1996-T manual, 2002-T F-matic

U.S. owner here. I have purchased parts from www.acurapartsforless.com and www.amayama.com. APFL offers a 5% discount with the code 5NSX. Interestingly enough Amayama is less expensive that APFL even if you include the cost of Japan Post. Everything I've ordered from Amayama has arrived within 15 days of placing my order. They also have parts that are NLA here in the states.

Cheers,
    Mark
    1994 Formula Red | Advan RGIII | AD08 R | Stoptech BBK | GT-One N1 exhaust | NSXCA #3863

Thanks for replies so far guys.

Mark, I did look at acurapartsforless but they don't do international shipping. I'll check out amayama though.

Cheers
    Wix
    Wix

I've bought parts from jp-carparts without problem also.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

RockAuto are often worth a try. They don't have everything but if they do have what you want they're cheaper than HUK.
    PM sent regarding parts from the US.

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Hi,

I've bought a few parts from the USA over the years, from Dali (a bit contentious on this site, some members had problems, some not) Science of Speed and I can't rem the name of the vendor I bought my radiator from. All in all I never had any problems, and even with shipping costs and import tax, still worked out a LOT cheaper than rip-off Honda UK.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Hi,

I've bought a few parts from the USA over the years, from Dali (a bit contentious on this site, some members had problems, some not) Science of Speed and I can't rem the name of the vendor I bought my radiator from. All in all I never had any problems, and even with shipping costs and import tax, still worked out a LOT cheaper than rip-off Honda UK.

Jim
    Dali Racing as a company no longer trades, just as well as their reputation wasn't the best for reliability of customer service.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

If you type in '5th gear NSX' in eB you'll find a dealer I'm dealing right now. On Monday or Tuesday I can say more but so far so good. I also have an address on the continent where they sold most cars but will only reveal the name by pm as Honda forbid any overseas orders some years ago.