Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's why you want to check the release fork:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2411.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	12806

I've changed the diff bearings today. While the races were pretty simple to take out the 90 mm bearing on the diff was a pain to remove. We had to grind the cage off and heat the inner race up. You can't really grab below the bearing to pull it out. The good news is that all is mounted now. We heated up the 90 mm (200 degrees C) and it just fell on the diff without any problems.

After cooling I could mount the diff in the tranny case and also fitted the mainshaft with two new bearings in the case and took some measurments of the mainshaft clearance and diff starting torque. The diff itself is at 88 Nm but I'll mount the Type R plate.

Readings
    Mainshaft clearance
    I've calculated a shim of 1.20 mm and started with the 1.00 which was used in the past (together with a 0.65 mm). I got 0.11 mm of play. So a 0.95 mm shim would be perfect.

Diff
    We gave the diff a long period of cooling down before measuring. The bearings have been slightly oiled. I've reused the 2.09 mm shim the diff had installed before (1.97 mm is standard) and we got readings below 2 Nm. As 0.03 mm are said to attribute 0.3-0.4 Nm (by the SM) I'm going to try a 2.18 and maybe a 2.27 (the thickest shim available).
    Last edited by goldnsx; 03-01-2017 at 07:41 PM.