Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda v Ferrari

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Honda v Ferrari

parked up in town next to a F430 spider
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01041.JPG 
Views:	468 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	3334  
    2005 3.2 litre NSX, Berlina Black

from Gordon Murray: The NSX’s development costs must have been enormous. Everything on it is unique. The chassis, powertrain, even the air conditioning are peerless. That aluminum body was very expensive. The numerous hurdles overcome by the NSX to reach production in areas such as spot welding, corrosion, and repairability make it a monumental work in automotive history.

fezza does look fatter

maser boomerang lights great, why they canned them ill never know. maybe fitment issues.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
    fezza does look fatter

maser boomerang lights great, why they canned them ill never know. maybe fitment issues.
    Yeah I also liked the old lights! I had a 3200GT quite a few years back with the boomerang lights to which I think made the car from the rear.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post

I agree - they look tremendous.

They were canned because Maserati, in their infinite wisdon, put the car before a US 'styling clinic' (i.e. carefully selected, potential customers).

One of the things the Septics were unsure about (some loved them, some hated them) were the boomerang lights. Hence they were dropped for lights which would neither excite nor offend anyone.

Idiots!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I agree - they look tremendous.

They were canned because Maserati, in their infinite wisdon, put the car before a US 'styling clinic' (i.e. carefully selected, potential customers).
    I thinks they were change to meet US regulations.

The NSX does look old next to the 430, perhaps it would look better next to a 360.

I think I must be the only one in the world who prefers the later rear lights.
    Certainly unusual but as ther shoved in the corner it just leaves "dead space" under them.

More ordinary but fill the space better, imooc.
    Last edited by gumball; 26-02-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    I think I must be the only one in the world who prefers the later rear lights.
    No, no...there are aparently some septics who agree with you.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I'd say that the F car does look more modern but not as sleek or focussed as the NSX. It also shows (again) how good the basic design of the NSX was. Small details such as the lighs, mirrors and wheels are perhaps the key signs of age for the NSX.

With all the speculation around a new performance Honda I just think its a shame that Honda didn't follow the path of evolution along with Ferrari and Porsche.

As Dan says, it looks fat, but compare it to a Gallardo and both have been on the atkins diet IMO

regards, Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gallardo + NSX.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	3335  
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think the NSX needs to loose the boot so it ends shorter. Also change the Corvette hatch for a CF thing, plus move the exhaust up to were the trunk is.

But...I am not Chip Foose, so I am not about to take a saw to mine.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    I think the NSX needs to loose the boot so it ends shorter. Also change the Corvette hatch for a CF thing, plus move the exhaust up to were the trunk is.

But...I am not Chip Foose, so I am not about to take a saw to mine.

AR

No no, if you lost the over hangs so too would go the elegance. And the hatch is better glass so you can see out, move the exhaust up?, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast