Thread: Bruntingthorpe today 156mph

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

156 was using the speed trap equipment they had, it was a very warm day though and only a 2 mile runway with a lot of heavy dead air. It really was like a swimming pool.

1 other NSX (trackdemon) also managed only 156 with a 3.0 car and aftermarket exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Hi Simon,

Was the 156mph what was measured on your car's speedo, or is it some kind of digital/gps reading?

156 sounds questionably and unbelievably much much too low...especially when some people have seen 187 on their speedo on stock 3.0 litres.

Cheers,
    Martin

nigel Guest

Default Slow speed

Seems rather slow to be proper, espicially two NSXs getting that speed or lack there of. The air density would have a small effect but you should have made 170 at least.
    Their measuring equipment must be bollicksed up. Next time try and have some kind of porable GPS device that just plugs in to the fag lighter and that would be a reliable way to check their equipment and your indicator.
    I have an older portable GPS, (Garmin 100) I take from aircraft to aircraft and put it on the instrument panel just ahead of me and found my installed indicator was off 4 mph. Maybe not fancy but accurate.
    From being with Honda motorbikes for many years i've found their mph indicators are usually off a few mph and get worse the faster you go. Not enough to matter but off a bit until the digital ones came about.

Cheers
    nigel

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Seems rather slow to be proper, espicially two NSXs getting that speed or lack there of. The air density would have a small effect but you should have made 170 at least.
    Their measuring equipment must be bollicksed up. Next time try and have some kind of porable GPS device that just plugs in to the fag lighter and that would be a reliable way to check their equipment and your indicator.
    I have an older portable GPS, (Garmin 100) I take from aircraft to aircraft and put it on the instrument panel just ahead of me and found my installed indicator was off 4 mph. Maybe not fancy but accurate.
    From being with Honda motorbikes for many years i've found their mph indicators are usually off a few mph and get worse the faster you go. Not enough to matter but off a bit until the digital ones came about.

Cheers
    nigel
    I don't think it's a case of the NSX not being able to reach 170MPH,it just cant reach it in 1.8 miles,which is the length of the runway prior to the braking zone(i think)
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Indeed, when I did the run, I had my GPS in the car showing the speed.
    The traclk temperature was in the 40's C and cars that had previously run 200mph plus were have trouble getting to 190mph.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)