Quote Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
gorgeous. what was the final cost to get it to your drive way?

Sorry but I have decided not disclose the cost to me. If you are interested in sourcing a type R Graham at Plans can help I am sure. He also imported the yellow NA1 Type R last year that you may have seen on his website, and it sold very quickly.

What I can say is when I was in Japan there were only 3 NA1 Rs to see and 2 NA2 Rs, so sourcing a car is not easy even if you go to Japan. The most expensive of course are the NA2s which were in the range £230k to £330k, once all imports costs had been paid. Of these 5 there were 4 I would have been very happy to own but 3 were out of my price range the 5th was one of the NA1 cars which the owner claimed was genuine an un-abused but when I saw it there was evidence of a roll cage, full re-spray, seats recovered and some panel misalignment, none of which was apparent on the photos I had been sent.

Here is an example of a low mileage red NA2 type R car advertised at present:
  • 9800 km
  • 12/2004
  • Gasoline
  • NA2-20000**
  • M/T

Price(USD): US$315,000 so this is £219k plus shipping and handling say £3k, plus 10% import duty, plus 20% vat plus UK side, handling, mods, MOT and registration say £2k (excludes any maintenance or UK side dealer margin) = £296k.