Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a SE mini meet?

Default Time for a SE mini meet?

Hi one and all

Just putting this out there to see the interest in a mini meet before e weather turns completely.

Calling Britlude and any others for their organising skills to suggest dates and venues!
    i think there was a suggestion a meet could be arranged so those in Cambridgeshire would have an easier journey to attend.

Rich

Birchanger Services, J8 M11 ... early on a weekend is good, evenings the parking can be tight for aluminium cars ....

Depending on when, you may recall a good run with SS and others in this area if people would like a drive .. and if we can recall the route
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I was thinking more along the lines of meeting at a cafe/pub rather than exploiting the NSX handling on B roads.

If Sunday the 4th October is not too soon, how about the VEE POWER SUNDAY AT GOODWOOD???

Obviously all cars would qualify on registering and if we all met up at the McDonald's car park Chichester say, 6.30/7o'clock, we can then all drive the mile and half to the circuit and park up on mass together in either the paddock or on circuit, either way it would be a great meeting place and an even better gathering for Joe public to admire our pride and joys, weather permitting that is.

And if the weather is sh1t you don't have to go as obviously there's no charge to register.

https://grrc.goodwood.com/breakfast-...qFcxP7kZHsc.97

How does that sound as time is fast approaching???

Here's my pass that was emailed today.

Dear Clive,

Thanks very much for pre-registering for
    Vee-Power Sunday
    04/10/2015. There has been a great deal of interest in the meeting and it promises to be a wonderful day.

We’re very pleased to tell you that your vehicle has been accepted, and we would like to invite you to park within the Goodwood Motor Circuit where your vehicle will be on display for everyone to appreciate.

Your parking pass is attached to this email as a PDF, so you will need to print it out.

When you arrive at Goodwood Motor Circuit please display your parking pass in your vehicle’s windscreen. The marshals will direct you to an appropriate parking location, and please do follow their instructions as we need to process vehicles as efficiently as possible.

N.B. Your pass does not allow you to park on the start-finish straight of the circuit which is reserved, but there are great places to park elsewhere on the track or in the many paddocks on both sides of the circuit. We advise that you should arrive no later than 08.00hrs for easy access as it does get very busy after that.

Because Breakfast Club is such a social occasion, we are hoping you will share your photos and updates with us – just use #BreakfastClub when you post on your own social network, and then check our social page on grrc.goodwood.com/section/breakfastclub to see all the photos that make it onto our wall of fame.

On behalf of the team at Goodwood we look forward to seeing you and your vehicle, and hope you have a wonderful day at Vee-Power Sunday - 04/10/2015.

Kind regards

Goodwood Breakfast Club Team

P.S Please follow us on Twitter @GoodwoodRRC and on facebook.com/GoodwoodRRC for all our musings on everything that we love about cars, motorbikes, speed and style!

To view our privacy and data protection policy, please click here.

Email disclaimer: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/email-disclaimer.aspx

Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

we've had breakfast meetings before where those of a certain persuasion get there earlier and have a frolic out and about, while those less inclined meet them at the final venue for breakfast

... you know who you are!

and i can never get to goodwood early enough to be anywhere other than the tesco carpark....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

We went to the Ace Cafe quite a few years ago. I've never been back since... If it was more a social than a rubber burning meet how about there?

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    we've had breakfast meetings before where those of a certain persuasion get there earlier and have a frolic out and about, while those less inclined meet them at the final venue for breakfast

... you know who you are!

and i can never get to goodwood early enough to be anywhere other than the tesco carpark....
    Unlike the stupidly over subscribed, over populated and badly organised Supercar Sunday, Vee Power Sunday, having attended last year, is a far less pressured, relaxed environment and being October I'm sure it could be a great venue.

Not to sure what you mean in your opening paragraph as it's always going to be an opportunity to have a frolic out and about on route anyway just so long as we all gather for leaving together at Macky D's by 7.
    If not, how about meeting up for 8 instead then???
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    We went to the Ace Cafe quite a few years ago. I've never been back since... If it was more a social than a rubber burning meet how about there?
    I'm up for that if you all prefer.
    Pride.

Brooklands motor museum is a great place for a meet as well, relatively central for everyone, really interesting place to visit after a civilised, affordable breakfast in their cafe to discuss "club" and car matters
    Pride.

you'd have to check the Ace's website, they have a very busy club schedule!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast