Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Alignment

Default Wheel Alignment

Hey, I am looking to have my wheels re-algined, however, Chiswick Honda is looking to charge £190 for it. Can anyone suggest a capable garage / tyre shop which is able to perform such a task, without charging a fortune?

Thanks
    [/list]

I paid the full wack at Honda for mine to be done however next time I will try Micheldever tyres. If your willing to travel out of London a little way - they have facilities to do the 4 wheel alignment and they have an excellent reputation - They have guy's permanently assigned in the alignment bays where its all they ever do (and with pride).

Also, I can specifically rate there tyre expertise and value- I don't even bother getting quotes elsewhere now, people will travel for miles because they are such good value.

Micheldever Tyres
    Micheldever Station
    Winchester Hampshire
    SO21 3AP

Tel: 01962 774437

3. Default

Micheldever are indeed well recommended by many.

mine is being done next week by Supertracker - as well as making the alignment kit used in many garages they have facilities at their Southampton factory to do customer alignments too.

useful link

Apparantly at Micheldever when you book an appoitment at the alignment bay, you bypass the usually present queue for drive through tyre fitting. It may be worth printing out the section from the service manual on how to do the alignment. As there are more adjustments that can be made on the NSX than other cars, there is a procedure whereby you need to adjust one setting, then another, but that puts the first one back out, so you do that again etc etc. By getting the adjustments done in the correct order will save time, and make sure the settings are correct.

I have visions of 'technicians' that can't be bothered to get it right, and give the customer some lame excuse why it can't be done correctly. I had one such arguement with a monkey at a tyre fitting place once before.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Hi,

Did you get the tracking done at Supertrack as I need to get mine done and have a problem with the caster on my car which I think needs more than the usual attention from a standard wheel allingment service?

Michael.

6. Default

I had mine done at Supertracker last week, so did Steve (with the green auto). mine seems somewhat more 'planted' on the road now- I intended to test it out at coombe today but I failed the noise test at 103.5DB, guess I'll be putting the cats back in

Glad to hear the tracking is better, but sorry to hear the noise was a problem. 103.5 db's is a fair ammount. I had a very loud Caterham that was only 102 I failed a track day noise test in that and it is the most frustrating thing. That must sound absolutely superb though. Mine sounds fantastic on reasonably quiet Volks racing exhaust, about 93db I think.

Michael.

8. Default

it's funny that I measured 103.5db 'cos the car does'nt seem to be much louder since de-catting and last time i went to coombe with the cats in I was only 98db

anyone got a noise meter?

Interesting you should mention the difference in noise readings. One time my friend's TVR was measured at 101dB, the next time there it measured 103dB. Both failed the static test.

But, the first time he put extra silencing in to be OK on the track. Second time, he tried to go out without the silencing, and again was OK!

This was at Bedford.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

10. Default

yes it seems a bit wierd mate,

jon was there (Coombe) 2 weeks previously and measured 98, then on the same day I scored 103.5 he read 102 - and he as done nothing to his car in the meantime, except change a head gasket (must have been one of those extra noisy ones :roll

Darren
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast