Thread: Sacrilege of an NSX......Comments please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sacrilege or enhancement of an NSX ??....Comments please.

I just spotted this "slightly modified" NSX up for sale.
    You really need to be either very brave or just plain dumb to do this:

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/06/som...-nsx-into.html

Also check out the handbrake lever position in picture 21, sums it all up really. Lol
    Last edited by Pride; 13-06-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

2. Default

seen some worse ones over here!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Here are some which you wouldn't think possible, as they say "Only in America"

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...track-with-NSX
    Last edited by Pride; 13-06-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

If that convertible's the one I'm thinking of, it was very expensively & thoroughly modified, before Honda did similar with the -T.

There are plenty of slammed NSXs with incorrect wheel offsets and plastic-pig wide body kits that I'd consider are far more sacrilegious.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I can't possibly comment. I think a car looks too modified if it doesn't have a saggy number plate plinth.

MC

it always amazes me what people do with their cars. the reactions from people who see these cars are equally as interesting.

in my other car life i'm in the world of hotrods and customs. believe me there are some weird and wonderful creations, along with some truly hideous, but as long as it's intrinsically safe i have no problem with people doing what they want to THEIR car.

it's not for others to say what is good /bad as we don't know the back story behind it. it might be hideous but 'it's a replica of what their late father built in the 70's' sort of thing...

one of the first car shows i went to with my hotrod, i was put in the '30's car section, and spent most of the day being scowled at, 'ruined a good car' comments and all that guff... strangely they thought it was quite nice once i'd pointed out it was a fibre-glass replica body!!!

we really must embrace the diversity, it makes the std NSX rarer, and gives a little variety to the marque. a wide body might be a wide body because all the panels may have been damaged beyond repair and it was the only way to get the car back on the road.... if we were all the same it would be a very boring place indeed.

back to the original pic.... it looks fine, personally i would have lost the door handles, and subsequently lowered the engine cover line. but that seems to dismiss 98% of the work for the 2% i'd change!!!

Last edited by britlude; 13-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....