Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air con pump.

Default Air con pump.

Wanted air con pump asy for 95/96 coupe. Or any info on someone that rebuilds them?

Have a little search markeyb, this was discussed recently, can be bought pretty reasonably from RockAuto in the USA.

On behalf of us Essex boys, I've used the firm below, prices are now 5+ years out of date.
    Compressor Tech/Motor Climate, 66-102 Cherrywood Road, Birmingham, 0121 766 5006, my contact was Bob Stokes.
    As a price comparison between HUK and Compressor Tech [all excluding VAT];
    Receiver/Drier £263.74-v-£20.79;
    Expansion Valve £210.34-v-£28.95;
    Compressor New-v-Refurbish £1286.12-v-£245;
    Evaporator £910-v-built to pattern £295-£350;
    Condensors [the radiators at the front] £?-v-built to pattern @ 16mm thick £275, 20-22mm thick £350.
    All in all, not a difficult choice, that plus a lot of wisdom and if you want the recommendation of a good local A/C guy [Brentwood, Essex] for the flushing, purging and gassing please PM me.

Duncan

thats great news re a UK business being able to offer such services as evaporator reconditioning etc.
    hopefully the business is still trading and services are still on offer
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I used Bob @ Compressor Tech a few years ago. I can recommend. But I think they've moved to Coventry area now. Check http://www.compressortech.co.uk/ for up to date info.

I recently used them for a new valve and drier on my car. When I get the invoice I will post details.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by b1gbrad View Post
    I used Bob @ Compressor Tech a few years ago. I can recommend. But I think they've moved to Coventry area now. Check http://www.compressortech.co.uk/ for up to date info.
    I've just phoned them and spoke with Bob. They will do a full remanufacture overhaul for between £225-£250 plus £10 p&p
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Thanks Guys a great help. Ill give Bob a call.

Blog Entries

Depending on the spec of your existing a/c compressor, instead of overhaul, it could be better option by getting OEM -P9K compressor and use your existing compressor CL and the mounting bracket. P9K is better from the efficiency point of view.

If you have already replaced your original heavy exh manifold to the header, you may want to consider replacing the CL and mounting bracket to the later spec so that you can shift the compressor away from the radiant heat of the header.

Kaz

Was c*cking about at work today, (Honda Aircraft Company) and looked up compressors and found out, (as Kaz said in so many words) the P9K compressor is the same on the older 90's Civics and the Del Sol for $249 US, from Tim Poliniak at oemacuraparts.com.
    As well as being advised by Kaz, which should be enough, the price for a NEW, P9K is the other reason.
    These are NSX's so why be tight when it comes to keeping them up.

Cheers
    nigel
    Last edited by nigel; 19-06-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast