Thread: clutch replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default clutch replacement

im going to be replacing my clutch soon, the new one has arrived from honda (with a rather tasty invoice!). in the kit there are a few notes about revised instructions for fitment, mainly regarding specific washers and alignment. i have read the workshop instructions for a 91 car but dont know if its accurate for a 96 car. anyone have a link for a 96 workshop manual or able to enlighten me on the revisions?
    ta.

Could you scan the new instructions and post them up, would be interested to see and somebody may be able to answer your question that way round.
    I do not know of a 1996 workshop manual available online.

3. Default

above should be a photo (trying to do this on my phone...).
    it could just be a warning from honda for stupid spanner monkeys who have never fitted anything complicated before.

Blog Entries

Nothing new, just follow the workshop manual properly [Edit: although I don't follow the manual on how to take the Gbox out.]
    Changes were made on where and how to apply the Urea grease.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 17-04-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added [Edit:] secstion

To me it just looks like additional reminders to get the two friction plates in the correct orientation, lube correctly and that you need to initialize the clutch once assembled.

I'm sure Kaz will confirm or deny this.

EDIT: Too Slow!
    Last edited by NSXGB; 17-04-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Not sure what else you are replacing but for your information, I always get the release bearing from Honda UK. Much cheaper than getting it from Japan or US.

Kaz

It seems to me that it is warning to people who never changed an NSX type clutch. I would say that a clutch alignment tool even if the ersatz type is a must.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Nothing new, just follow the workshop manual properly [Edit: although I don't follow the manual on how to take the Gbox out.]
    Changes were made on where and how to apply the Urea grease.

Kaz
    whats the kaz gearbox removal method? or is it a trade secret...

9. Default

fitted the clutch yesterday, what a transformation! nice and light now. im not sure what was fitted, it was a single plate unit with a porsche flex plate??