Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement - The HONDA NSX Owners Club - formation

Default Announcement - The HONDA NSX Owners Club - formation

After weeks of deliberation and discussion, many hours attached to the phone we are pleased to announce the birth of:

The HONDA NSX Owners Club (“The Club”)

To allow us to continue to be part of major car shows and other events it has become necessary for a club to be formed in order that we can obtain Public Liability Insurance (PLI)*, which is now a mandatory requirement set by some event organisers. After much discussion it was decided that the NSXCB Forum would remain just that “a forum” which would continue to encourage the free exchange of information about all things NSX , while The Club would be a new and separate entity (as defined by Rules and a Constitution).

Anyone becoming a member of The Club will be covered by the necessary PLI . The Club will obtain the discount codes for events and make them available only to members of The Club. This is to ensure that all people attending are covered by the relevant PLI.

This does not stop people on the NSXCB Forum organising their own events i.e. ”The Pancake Run”, but it will need to be understood this is done in such a way that each person participating ensures they have adequate insurance cover as any events not organised by The Club will not be covered by the PLI.

The Club and the NSXCB are linked through a common interest in all things NSX. It is recognised that the independence of the NSXCB which will allow discussion outside of that which is permissible to be covered by The Club.

Membership of the Club is [15 for 2018, TBD every year at AGM] per year, the club year will run from 1st January to 31st December.

We are still working on the club website, as an interim measure please pay [15 for 2018, TBD every year at AGM] into the account below and pm me with your full name, if you have not already done so make your contribution to the NSXCB Forum (10). There is a members only section on the forum you will get access to once this has been done. The annual subscription covers both the costs of administering The Club (largely the PLI cost). Paying the Club Membership and making your contribution to the NSXCB to be Platinum will give members full access to all benefits of both The HONDA NSX Owners Club and NSXCB.

There will be a dedicated Club website which you will be invited to sign up for and gain access directly to the Club section in the NSXCB Forum.

Signed
    Neil Shaw, Kingsley, Paul (NSX2000), Martin (Havoc), Geoff ONeill, Clive (Pride), Ian& Sharon (Dragonlady), Mike Johnson (Sorepaws), Kaz.
    *PLI does not replace car insurance and individual vehicle owners need to be satisfied that their own car insurance, for any particular event they attend, is adequate.

Pay ** to
    Ref: ****
    Sort Code ****
    Account **** [Kaz-kzukNA1: These were for 2015. New Club fee amount with payment method will be posted by the Club officers.]

Club Constitution below :-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THE HONDA NSX  OWNERS Constitution.pdf 
Views:	158 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	12408
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 08-12-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Mike

2019 Silverstone Classic - July 26-28.

Great to hear this has come together and thank you for the efforts of all involved.

Are existing platinum members automatically entered into the NSX club or do you require a further 10 contribution to get sufficient funds together for the insurance?

Olly

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    Great to hear this has come together and thank you for the efforts of all involved.

Are existing platinum members automatically entered into the NSX club or do you require a further 10 contribution to get sufficient funds together for the insurance?

Olly
    Hi Olly.
    As you are already a platinum NSXCB forum member you will need to pay a further 10 to become a Honda NSX owners club member which essentially covers the PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE costs for the shows so far arranged this year.
    Last edited by Pride; 24-02-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Thank you to everyone involved, I am a fully paid up member ! hoorah

paid, pm sent
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

photobucket patch if you use chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

I'd like to support and be a part of this from the beginning but I don't know how to make a payment from the colonies.
    Please help.

Cheers
    nigel

Paid...

SS
    Range Rover Evoque luxury family mover...my first diesel car!!
    Porsche 996 911Turbo.......New Daily run around with 4 seats ...2 for kids...
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    I'd like to support and be a part of this from the beginning but I don't know how to make a payment from the colonies.
    Please help.

Cheers
    nigel
    Hi Nigel,

You can become a Platinum Member anytime to support the NSXCB, but probably not worth you joining "The Honda NSX Owners Club" as the only extra benefit it gives you is PLI at the club events, which is a little tricky for you geographically.
    ...somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

The 4 things you need to do :-

1. Read the club constitution

2. Make sure you are a Platinum member of the NSXCB - if not contribute 10

3. Make your payment of 10 to the bank account WITH a reference
    Michael Johnson
    Ref: HONDANSX
    Sort Code 07-01-16
    Account 44244857

4. PM me Sorepaws so I know who has paid - I will also need your "proper name" for the Club
    Mike

2019 Silverstone Classic - July 26-28.

Paid...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast