Thread: Wanted advert on PH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    I agree completely, but does anybody actually use an NSX on track? If I want to go on track I would use my Clio which costs peanuts to fix or my Porsche which is manically quick.
    MC
    Took my NSX on track for the first time at Spa...and I'm really glad I did...car felt better / more alive / more interesting when pressing on around a track than it does even on fast Scottish A-roads. And I learned more about how it behaves / how high the limits are if you're smooth. Agree with you that as a regular track-day tool it's going to cost more than a hot-hatch, and is less replaceable if you bin it than something like a 911...but come on - it's a supercar, FFS!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

The Ad author can request all these requirements but the chance of finding a car that fits his bill AND the current owner would want to sell at his asking price is as rare as rocking horse 'stool'.....the only chance he may find one is only if an owner is not a frequent 'car forum' attender or a car enthusiast ....as they may well not be aware of the value of their car....but then they will not see the Wanted Ad either.

Regarding the comments asking the Ad poster to be more specific regarding 'track' exclusion and other requirements etc.....to my reading of the Ad..it sounds pretty specific and exclusive to me...no doubt regarding his requirements.

Well...a few years back..there was 40+ NSX on the track at Castle Combe and Silver Stone Classic ...so they will be excluded.
    70% of NSX I see at the forum gatherings have some sort of modification...so they will be excluded.

Good luck to the potential (or little potential) NSX owner who posted the Ad.

NB...All 3 of the NSX I owned or have owned will be excluded...Not that I wanted to sell anyway.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo